Following are steps of downloading and compiling tomato firmware for WGR614L router.
1. Download the source code from www.myopenrouter.com site. Link is www.myopenrouter.com/download/file/10216-20
2. Create one directory where want to untar the source code and compile it. For example mkdir /home/TOMATO_WGR614L
3. cd /home/TOMATO_WGR614L. You can use your own path also.
4. bunzip2 tomato-src-wgr614L.tar.bz2
5. tar xvf tomato-src-wgr614L.tar
This article will show you how to install and configure your NETGEAR WGR614L for most standard setups.
As a developer what saves my board and day most of the time is the serial console and boot-loaders’ ability to download/upload firmware. Even when the something goes badly wrong with the firmware you just compiled - you can use the boot loader to get back to a running firmware and try to debug your under development firmwares.
Has your home network been falling a little short lately? Been feeling the "need for speed" when playing your online games, streaming HD video, or making Internet phone calls?
Some of you have already noticed that WGR614L firmware uses a .chk extension. Let us go through the steps that is needed to create a firmware image in .chk format.
Most of the broadcom hardware uses a TRX style fimware. Netgear's WGR614L linux based open source router's .chk is also based on the same TRX format - but does add the following interesting improvements
Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal