no mention of cpu chipset or wireless chipset. routing protocols & application support, functions, and firewall are not hardware, they're a software feature. we need specs on the cpu and wifi.
Here's some detailed information about the newest open source router, the WGR614L, coming soon from Netgear. This platform is well suited to community developed firmware packages such as DD-WRT, Tomato, and others.
WGR614L Hardware Specifications
- Dimensions: 6.9 x 1.1 x 4.7 in (175.3 x 27.94 x 119.4 mm)
- Weight: 0.26 kg (0.57 lb)
- Network Speeds: 1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, & 54 Mbps (auto rate capable)
- Modulation Type: OFDM with BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK
- Static & Dynamic Routing with TCP/IP, VPN pass-through (IPSec, L2TP), NAT, PPTP, PPPoE, DHCP (client & server), Bigpond
- Works with most Internet gaming and instant messaging applications.
- Automatically detects ISP type, Exposed Host (DMZ), MAC address authentication, URL content filtering, logs and e-mail alerts of Internet activity.
- Internet/WAN: 10/100 Mbps (auto-sensing) Ethernet, RJ-45
- LAN: 4 ports 10/100 Mbps (auto-sensing) Ethernet, RJ-45
- Wireless: AP
- 2.412 ~ 2.462 GHz (US)
- 2.412 ~ 2.484 GHz (Japan)
- 2.412 ~ 2.472 GHz (Europe ETSI)
- 2.457 ~ 2.462 GHz (Spain)
- 2.457 ~ 2.472 GHz (France)
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), DoS Attack Protection.
- 40-bit (also called 64-bit), 128-bit, and 152-bit (802.11g only) WEP Encryption, WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access), WPA2-PSK, WPS
- 2 dBi
- 12.0 VDC, 1.0 A; plug is localized to country of sale
- NETGEAR 1-year warranty
- Wireless-G Router (WGR614)
- Setup CD
- Power Adapter
- Ethernet Cable
- Vertical Stand
- Warranty/Support Information Card
there is a comparative study of wgr614L and kwgr614. Please refer to the following link -
http://www.myopenrouter.com/blog/entry/10062/WGR614L---Router-for-developers/ you can find hardware informationm there