where do I go from here.
If you're in need of higher network speed in your home - either for industrial-strength internet browsing, multiplayer games, or streaming HD media - upgrading to Wireless-N is a great idea. (For more on the differences between Wireless-G and Wireless-N, click here.)
Benefits of the WN111v2
However, if you've bought a new Wireless-N router, you might not be getting true Wireless-N connections on your mobile devices. This is due to the fact that many laptops and other devices do not have a Wireless-N chipset built in; often, it's Wireless-G that is included as a standard feature. This is where the WN111v2 from NETGEAR comes in - you can plug it into a USB port to bring Wireless-N connectivity to many devices.
As long as you're connected to a Wireless-N router, you can enjoy speeds up to 15x that of standard Wireless-G, although the WN111v2 is backwards compatible with Wireless-G devices. You'll get more than enough bandwidth for file sharing, downloads, internet gaming, and internet phone calls all at the same time at consistent speeds; with great range also, courtesy of the patented micro antennae!
Linux & Open Source Support
Did you know that you can also use the WN111v2 on a Linux based system? We have drivers for the WN111v2, based on the OTUS Atheros drivers, that are available in the downloads section. They've been patched for use with the WN111v2 (if you're already using the drivers with another device, the patch is available separately.)
It also opens up the exciting potential to use the WN111v2 to add Wireless-N connectivity to your Linux based external devices with USB ports. These include devices such as game systems, DVR boxes, TiVo, and even some photo frames and other devices that use Linux.
- Desktop or notebook PC with Pentium
- 300 MHz-compatible processor or higher
- Available USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 slot
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista™, XP, 2000 SP4
- Dimensions: 94.5 x 30.2 x 15.2 mm (3.72 x 1.19 x .6 in)
- Weight: 21.5 g (0.76 oz)
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
- 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
- 802.11n draft: 6, 6.5, 13, 13.5, 19.5, 26, 27, 39, 40.5, 53, 54, 58.5, 65, 78, 81, 104, 108, 117, 121.5, 130, 135, 162, 216, 243, 270, 300 Mbps (300 Mbps when used with WNR834M & WNR854T only)
- Improves network performance up to 50% when used with legacy 802.11b/g wireless routers
- IEEE 802.11n draft specification, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g 2.4 GHz
- Wi-Fi protected access (WPA2-PSK,WPA-PSK) Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64-bit
- 128-bit encryption for IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g
- Smart Wizard™ simplifies setup and Touchless Wi-Fi Security makes connecting to secure networks simple and fast
where do I go from here.
how do I download software for usb wn1112v