- How to Install Tomato Firmware on NETGEAR WNR3500Lv2
- How to Debrick Your WNR3500Lv2 Using Windows and a USB-TTL Cable
- How to Install Third Party Firmware on NETGEAR WNR3500Lv2
- NETGEAR WNR3500 Comparison Chart: How To Identify Which Model Router You Have
- Quick Review and Specifications of NETGEAR WNR3500Lv2 Gigabit Open Source Router
- Want to buy WNR3500Lv2 - At my wits end
Installing DD-WRT on the WGR614 Router
As we mentioned earlier, upgrading to DD-WRT is a two step process. You need to download these two files.
These are the two firmware files you will use. They will be zipped files. You will need to unzip and place them in a folder to access from your web browser. If you are unfamiliar with ZIP files, just Google it and you will find everything you need to work with them, regardless of what operating system your computer uses.
Upgrading to the initial file is easy as 1, 2, 3. (After you have performed the basic reset steps above)
- Point your web browser to 192.168.1.1, click on "Router Upgrade"
- Click on Browse and find the dd-wrt.v24_mini-wgr614v8-L-13064.chk you unzipped earlier.
- Click on Upgrade.
After this, your router will reboot. Wait 3-5 minutes and again log into 192.168.1.1 in your browser. If you are presented with a screen asking you to set your name and password then you are good to go. For now enter "root" as the username and "admin" as the password. You can change this later.
Once logged in go to "Administration" > Firmware Upgrade.
Change the "After flashing, reset to" to "Reset to Default Settings"
Browse to the dd-wrt.v24_13064_mini_generic.bin file you unzipped. Choose it and click on "Upgrade"
Again, wait for 3-5 minutes for for the upgrade and everythng to settle down with all the default settings before doing anything.
Once done you can now log into 192.168.1.1 in your browser and create or change any settings you require.
That's it. You have upgraded to DD-WRT. At this point if all works for you as needed there is no real reason you need to upgrade from there. But if you care to do so watch the forums or the downloads area here for the latest firmwares.