The patches and the script in this release are based on latest openwrt distribution available at:
The latest OpenWRT distribution can be downloaded using the following commands:
svn co svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk
This package contains a script that automatically download latest OpenWRT code from its SVN and make it ready for compilation for Netgear WNR3500L. You need to run the script only.
Before running this script make one thing ensure that this script and wnr3500l.tar (you can find it in this package) are in the same directory. Otherwise put them into same directory and then run the script. On successful completion your code will be ready for compilation.
You can run the script by the command below.
To compile the source code you need to give following command in the openwrt directory.
If everythings goes well then you can find the firmware under bin directory. Name of the firmware is openwrt_wnr3500l.chk
Main Supported features:
* User now can use GUI to configure the board using openwrt firmware.
* Firmware upgrade is working. You can upgrade original netgear firmware and other firmwares through openwrt web based firmware upgrade features. Reverse is also true i.e from original netgear firmware and other firmwares you can upgrade this openwrt firmware.
* Wireless working.
* USB is working. You can ftp to the board from LAN side of the board and access the attached USB device.
* WPA and WPA2 are not working.
* SAMBA support is not present.
* NAS can be accessed only through command line using utilities such as ftp
* and No GUI support to access NAS is available till now.
The patches and the script in this release are based on Tomato (version-1.25) available at
|0||4192||11/28 8:02AM by Erez|
|3||753||03/29 7:53PM by stu2|
|1||467||03/08 6:48AM by ludde|