OUR NETWORK: TiVo Community TechLore Explore3DTV DVRplayground Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

SSH Disabled & FTP Problems...

Learn about scoring Download Discussion's Raw Score: 41462.0
December 29, 2010 07:14 PM
Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Dart00

I just upgraded to the newest verison and now my "SSH Mangement" Tab is disabled :( Is this a bug or do I have conflicting settings.

Also my FTP server does not allow anonymous logins even though the box is checked and folder specified....

And I dont have the old image to downgrade...:(

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

December 30, 2010 4:16 PM

Actually I have never changed anything ssh or ftp related, if a previous build or original dd-wrt build worked it should still work.
Can you provide a screenshot?

DD-WRT Developer

December 30, 2010 9:36 PM updated: December 30, 2010 9:52 PM

Well. I was using a older build of the DLMA server a while back, then upgraded to the OpenVPN build that's currently posted. I could not get the FTP thing going and that's when I noticed SSH was disabled.

Then I flashed again to this build hoping it would fix my problems, it did fix my FTP. :) Just need to test it from WAN. But SSH is still disabled. Did I break something?

Now that I got the FTP going correctly i don't really wana have to flash again...but will if you want me to. SSH is not that important since i found I can use SAMBA to copy my files to my /jffs instead of SCP.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2807/sshx.png

Iv worked with DD-WRT for a while and have NEVER seen SSH grayed out :(

EDIT: ===============================================

Alright....Turns out there's a option under "Services" for SSHd that you need to enable before you can enable SSH management, it makes since, but I don't member having to do that before...guess its a new feature?

Ill keep you updated if im having any WAN FTP problems when I test it later and post my config(s)

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window