OUR NETWORK: TiVo Community TechLore Explore3DTV DVRplayground Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1416380.0
April 12, 2010 02:18 PM

Categories: WNR3500Lv2 Troubleshooting

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Andy120

I installed the wrong firmware in my WNR3500L. Now the power led is constantly orange (not blinking).
When pinging, i receive TWO responses from 192.168.1.1 with ttl=100, then no more pings. All attempts to use TFTP have failed (although i only used Win7 and server 2008).
Unit does not have serial connector inside so unbricking with USB-TTL seems impossible.
Have tried Netgear Firmware Recovery Utility, but "unit does not respond".

So... what to do? Since i do get 2 ping responses, it is not completly dead in my opinion.

Så... what to do? Would appreciate all help!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

April 12, 2010 4:09 PM

I would definitely recommend debricking with the USB-TTL cable. It is possible for sure - you will either need to solder the leads directly to the board, or solder in a pinout to connect the leads. Once you do that, it will be very easy to debrick the router using the tutorials we have here.

http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/13859/How-To-Debrick-Your-NETGEAR-WNR3500L-U

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

April 13, 2010 2:40 AM

Thanks for the advice! I read in one of your comments in the article you refer to. The short-circuit method described at http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/13859/How-To-Debrick-Your-NETGEAR-WNR3500... worked!

Thanks!
/anders

April 13, 2010 10:51 AM

Great, glad to hear you got it back up and running! Cheers!

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

September 1, 2010 9:40 AM

hi
i just bought my WNR500L last week, then i set it up normally and it was working fine, so the next day i tried to connect with the other latop and found out that the laptop cannot connect, i have 2 laptop , one is HP which is conntecing very well and the other is Acer which connects and show limited connections

when i connect the Acer laptop to my router. it connects but no internet services, when i change the security too NOne, it connects to the internet and when i change the Security to WPA/WPAS i get connected with no internet access, i had to disable every windows firewall and antivirus firewalls.. but stil to no availl, i had to install a new windows vista but still get the same problem, what can i do please, any info i will be glad to learn from you guys..

thanks

September 1, 2010 9:40 AM

hi
i just bought my WNR500L last week, then i set it up normally and it was working fine, so the next day i tried to connect with the other latop and found out that the laptop cannot connect, i have 2 laptop , one is HP which is conntecing very well and the other is Acer which connects and show limited connections

when i connect the Acer laptop to my router. it connects but no internet services, when i change the security too NOne, it connects to the internet and when i change the Security to WPA/WPAS i get connected with no internet access, i had to disable every windows firewall and antivirus firewalls.. but stil to no availl, i had to install a new windows vista but still get the same problem, what can i do please, any info i will be glad to learn from you guys..

thanks

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-5 of 5 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window