DD-WRT for WNR3500Lv2 have multiple SSID support.
Categories: WNR3500Lv2 Open Source Router
It's my first post on this forum. I have installed
What should I install to have multiple SSID support ? t is possible to achieve it in tomato firmware or another distro eg. ddwrt ?
You can get a how to for the same in this link
not my mod - yet. I will add this in near future.
1. As far as my knowledge is concerned, DD-WRT does not provide captive portal support.
2. No special method is necessary for transition from tomato to ddwrt.
You can do this from "Administration->Upgrade" option in Toamto WebUI.
Links of Third Party Open Source firmwares for WNR3500Lv2 are:-
"ddwrt-wnr3500lv2-beta-release.chk" is a built-in firmware for wnr3500lv2.
Yes you can upload this firmware from your tomato WebUI through "Adminisrtartion->Upgrade" option.
If you feel that you need some more features in your ddwrt firmware then only you have to compile the source code (supplied in the package you have downloaded) with that specific feature enabled.
Otherwise you can use the built-in firmware.
Please share your experience of using dd-wrt in wnr3500lv2.
I am also using a similar kind of networking at my side but I am using the virtual AP in no-encryption mode. If you are intersted I can list the steps to configure the same.
Below is the summary of the steps to be followed .....
1. Setup dhcp server for your guest netwrok :-
Go to "Setup -> Basic Setup" page and perform the following ,
i) DHCP type -> server
ii) DHCP Server -> enable
iii) Start IP address -> 192.168.10.100 (say)
2. Create a virtual interface from "Wireless -> Basic settings Page" (Interface for your corporate LAN). (What you already did to get Multiple SSIDs).
3. Go to "Services->Services" page, do the following changes.
i) DNSMasq -> enable
ii) LocalDNS Disable
iii) Add following lines to "Addition DNSMasq options" --
4. Go to "Administration->command" page and perform the following ...
i) Add the following lines and click on "Save Firewall"
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j logaccept
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -o vlan2 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
ii) Add the following lines and click on "Save Startup"
brctl addbr br1
brctl delif br0 wl0.1
brctl addif br1 wl0.1
ifconfig br1 10.10.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig br1 up
Try this and let us know about the result.