These custom firmwares are based on official stock firmware versions for NETGEAR Nighthawk X4 R7500
v1 router and Nighthawk X4S R7800 router. The goal of modification is
to extend the functionality of these routers and to use full power of
CPU and FPU of IPQ806x processor, limited in official firmware.
Version 22.214.171.124SF - 2017/1/18
This download is for the NETGEAR R7800v1,
Warning: always re-flash your router at your own risk.
Changelog for 126.96.36.199SF
1. Integration with stock 188.8.131.52.
From Netgear notes to 184.108.40.206:
New Features and Enhancements:
* Opens the DFS channel for Japan.
* Supports the access control feature when the router operates in AP mode.
* Fixes the issue in which the IPV6 SPI-filter doesn't work when IPv6 use same PPPoE session as IPv4.
* Fixed some minor bugs.
Additional changes (found during my integration):
* ReadyCLOUD version is upgraded.
* Qualcomm drivers (firmware) are upgraded (5GHz).
* GPIO driver is changed (kernel level).
* Kernel signal scheme (interaction with Busybox) is added.
* WebGUI is optimized a bit.
* Netgear Downloader is optimized a bit.
2. ethtool version is upgraded 3.4.1->4.8.
3. e2fsprogs versinon is upgraded 1.43.1->1.43.3.
4. Changes several scripts to use direct path to firmware /bin/opkg (to avoid conflicts with opkg from Entware).
5. Bug with HiLink modem mode switch is correctd (tested by Vladlenas with Huawei E3372 HiLink modem, thanks to him).
6. Few minor bugs are fixed.
Improvements that can be gained with this firmware and Entware-ng:
- Improvements of OpenVPN (speed).
- Improvement of SAMBA server (speed of file transfer).
- Improvements of FTP server speed.
- Possibility to setup your own web server (Entware-ng).
- Possibility to setup your own anonymizer proxy with TOR and Privoxy (Entware-ng).
- Possibility to exclude the leaks of your DNS requests by DNSCRYPT (your privacy).
details can be found in the README regarding the benefits of these
custom firmwares. Additional support files included via the links below.