802.11n with dd-wrt or tomato?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
thomas001
thomas001's picture
802.11n with dd-wrt or tomato?

Hi Forum, using the latest dd-wrt and tomato builds available on the page here i can select in both firmwares to use N only wireless. My laptop (which should support 802.11n too) fails to connect when the router is set to N-only. When i enable mixed mode i only get 54Mbit ie G mode. Is N actually supported by custom firmwares? How to make it work?

thanks in advance. :)

Schafdog
Schafdog's picture
Having same issue with a

Having same issue with a macbook pro (2009) and a WNR3500L on dd-wrt. Only connecting in 11g mode when running mixed NG mode. In N mode, the macbook fails with "Unsupported rate set"

haylee
haylee's picture
enjoy here
TTT
TTT's picture
Suddenly the same problem

Suddenly the same problem appeared at my place.
Today suddenly out of nothing my connection dropped and ever since I'm not able to connect to my 3500 set to N-only.
Tried new firmware (kong vpn 15000M), no go also.

Switched to NG-mixed, then I'm able to connect again.

Reverting to N-only there is a No-Go anymore.

My other laptop is still able to connect even when it's configured N-only.
So probably it's a driver/hardware problem with the laptop.
Intel Wifi 5100AGN in a Toshiba Satellite A350-208

Kong
Kong's picture
Just a note. My latest build

Just a note. My latest build 16625 has a wireless bug, that causes problems with N-modes. My older builds don't have this problem.

To be able to get the maximum speed with a 5100AGN you have to set the Router to N-Only, Width 40Mhz, Channel 6, WPA2,AES Encryption.

Then configure the wireless card in your laptop using the intel tool you need to manually set channel width to 40Mhz.

After that the intel tool should report speeds > 150Mbps. When I tested my client adapter stayed at 224Mbps

TTT
TTT's picture
Currently the following build

Currently the following build is in use: Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/06/10) vpnkong (build 15000M)

Following settings are in use:

and

My netbook is able to connect, not sure what kind of wireless adapter is used in that one.
My other laptop is not able to connect, Intel 5100AGN on board.
The 5100AGN did connect untill yesterday, when it suddenly lost IP settings. Not able to connect descently after that.

TTT
TTT's picture
Double post...

Double post...

Kong
Kong's picture
If you look under Status-

If you look under Status->Wireless ist the Laptop showing up under Clients?
Have you tried downloading the latest intel wireless driver?

TTT
TTT's picture

Kong said: If you look under Status->Wireless ist the Laptop showing up under Clients? Have you tried downloading the latest intel wireless driver?

I'll let you know when I'm @ home again.

I will download and install the latest drivers form Intel also.

I did some research on the web and found a lot of problems with the Intel 5100AGN wificard and all with almost the same problems.

I'm @ home again. Downloaded the latest driver from Intel directly.

Removed all 5100AGN hardware and installed the latest driver... Worked like a charme.

For the time being I'm happy again.

TTT
TTT's picture
Yesterday I faced the same

Yesterday I faced the same kind of issue.
After rebooting my 3500Lv1 none of the wireless devices were able to connect.

Reverted back to stock firmware all device are able to connect.

It worked for about 1,5 years like a charm running on build 15000 of KONG VPN.

Any ideas to get this working on DD-WRT again, because I'm missing some options in the stock firmware compared to DD-WRT.