basic set up help required wnr3500lv2

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
foz111
foz111's picture
basic set up help required wnr3500lv2

Hi guys, i have a wnr3500l v2, 

i a pretty new to flashing firmware onto routers,

i flashed the tomato K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x--138-VPN chk on to the router all seemded to go well.

however i could do with some guidence on setting this router up behind my main router please

my intention is simply to create a vpn gateway enabling local devices to use the wnr3500lv2 ip as the gateway. setting up the openvpn is not the issue i am struggling to set the basic setting to get this on my lan.

i dont mind it being on a differant subnet if i have to.

ive googled and only seem to find the aio settings but i only flashed the basic vpn version, i could upgrade to aio but i didnt think i would need the full version for what i wanted.

any guide would be a great help.

also one last question i see the aio is a chk extension can this be flash from the tomato gui? the guides seem to indecate its either e trx or bin but seems the only one i found is a chk in teh download section.

thanks 

foz111
foz111's picture
forgot to say, i have managed

forgot to say, i have managed to get it to connect fine to my lan but very odd thing the openvpn server feild seems to disappear and get replaced by just the port feild this is why i am struggling.

foz111
foz111's picture
Pretty sure somthing is wrong

Pretty sure somthing is wrong with this, if its configured to work on the same subnet as mine the openvpn feild for the server disapears. can anyone please advise can i flash straight to dd-wrt from this tomato build? i have used and configured dd-wrt previously. just wanted to give tomato a try. thanks