Can my R6250 be fixed?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
beardrinksbeer
beardrinksbeer's picture
Can my R6250 be fixed?

I have a Netgear R6250 & I updated Kong with "dd-wrt.K3_R6250.chk   2017-11-04 00:40   23M" from "http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/".  What I did was reset the router to default then updated with the above & after it said it installed OK, I reset everything to default again when I got back into the router.

I thought it was fine until I looked at the top right hand corner & it said my version was from the 26th of June 2016, the update did not take for some reason.  Maybe because the above was a .chk file & not a .bin file.

So I went to here "ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/" & got the latest .bin file which was "netgear-r6250-webflash.bin   26556 KB       7/01/2018".

I reset the router to default before flashing the router, I selected the install to "reset to default" after the flash was successful; I thought it would save me doing it myself afterwards manually.

It said the flash was successful.  I went to the URL & deleted the apply part so I am left with 192.168.1.1, but I could not get into the router.  I ran "ipconfig" but it did not show the routers gateway, so I turned off everything.

I powered up the modem & router & then the computer.  The first thing I noticed was that there was NETGEAR lit up on the router in white!  It never did that before with Kong.  The power light & the light next to it both lit up in orange & the wi-fi lit up in blue, the wi-fi & the other light only stayed lit for about 3 seconds, then they went off; another 12 seconds later the orange power light turned yellow or white (I have old eyes) & started to flash.  Still could not see the router with ipconfig.

I did the 30/30/30 thing a few times & it did nothing.  I held the wi-fi button & powered on & I did it when off & I did the same with the WPS button, still I could not get to the router.

I have not used this router for awhile as I was using another router but the wi-fi part died on it the other day when the power went off for half a minute, this router was not in use for over a year; I hope I have not destroyed it.

I clicked on the internet icon in the system tray & opened the network & sharing centre & it says "currently connected to an unidentified network - no network access".  ipconfig shows ipv4 address, subnet mask figures but no default gateway.

I am using a cable from the computer to the router.  I pinged 192.168.1.1 but it did not see the router.

I would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me fix my R6250, I can't afford to lose 2 routers in 1 week; I am using an ancient Belkin router from over a decade ago ATM (lucky I live in the bush).  thank you in advance for all the help

beardrinksbeer
beardrinksbeer's picture
anyone?

anyone?

beardrinksbeer
beardrinksbeer's picture
bump

bump

beardrinksbeer
beardrinksbeer's picture
crash

crash

beardrinksbeer
beardrinksbeer's picture
smash

smash

beardrinksbeer
beardrinksbeer's picture
I must be the only one to

I must be the only one to visit this site, time to leave this abandoned site me thinks; I will turn the lights out as I close the door  :(

beardrinksbeer
beardrinksbeer's picture
It has been over 5 months

It has been over 5 months since I started this thread & no answer, nothing

It says it all about this fucking useless place

ZeroVirus
ZeroVirus's picture
If you are still here, or

If you are still here, or what not, I might be able to help you.

imakeminerandom...
imakeminerandom_zdrvbfsg's picture
Hiya,

Hiya,

If this is still relevant to you, I once bricked by R6250 on my very first attempt at applying dd-wrt to it.  I unbricked it back to manufacturer settings but I had to purchase a gadget to do so (eBay, must've been 2016 because its dropped of my history).  It was a USB to some-kind-of-serial adapter to program routers.  I haev searched my computer grubbins draws and not found it.

But make this a starting point to unbrick it and check around for more indepth guides.

https://www.myopenrouter.com/article/how-debrick-or-recover-netgear-r700...

I'm preparing to try dd-wrt again, providing it has VPN in

imakeminerandom...
imakeminerandom_zdrvbfsg's picture
In fact...