Cannot access web interface OpenWRT Kamikaze 8.09.2

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
fjl307
fjl307's picture
Cannot access web interface OpenWRT Kamikaze 8.09.2

I recently installed OpenWRT Kamikaze 8.09.2 onto my 3500L off this site and once I noticed many of the add on links were broken and the wireless was broken, I decided to attempt to load a DD-WRT firmware in the .chk format since OpenWRT does not like .bin files. The device attempted to flash the router, and failed. It simply did not load as if the LAN connection was dropped or something. Now I cannot access the web interface. If I type in the router IP I get,

"Webif² Administration Console
Redirecting to main page"

However, simply will not display the page, in IE it will give me "IE cannot display this webpage",

in Chrome, I get

"Esta página web no está disponible.

Es posible que la página web http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webif/info.sh esté temporalmente inactiva o que se haya trasladado definitivamente a otra dirección."

Chrome will actually show the "error" in loading the page which is "Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Error desconocido."

I apologize for the Spanish but it's essentially the "this page cannot be displayed" type error. 

Error desconocido= unknown error

I am connected via LAN and my connection out to the internet works just fine. I just ordered the USB to Serial cable from Mouser Electronics and it should be here in a few days, so if all else fails, I can give that a try. 

I'm running Windows 7, I could get an Ubuntu machine up and running pretty easily if need be. Telnet is installed, and Putty is downloaded. 

I have tried simple resets and the 30-30-30 reset as indicated on this site and nothing seems to be able to allow me web access to the router. 

Any detailed ideas would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Sudipta
Sudipta's picture
Are you able to ping to the

Are you able to ping to the board? Can you connect to the board through telnet? If you are able to access the board then can you try by re-installing webiff package on your board?