Can't enable wireless under Tomato 1.23

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul McJones
Paul McJones's picture
Can't enable wireless under Tomato 1.23

I installed Tomato v1.23 to my NetGear WGR614L. The wired routing features all seem to work correctly. But every time I enable wireless from the Administration screen, there is a 10-second "Please wait" count-down, but it goes back to Disabled state. And when I try to connect to it from my laptop, the SSID is not visible. I've set up the wireless configuration items using exactly the same values as with my previous router. The wireless worked correctly on this router when I was running the original NetGear firmware. Any suggestions on what to try?

Paul McJones

Paul McJones
Paul McJones's picture
The wireless LED does not

The wireless LED does not come on.

I would be happy to try Tomato version 1.5. But when I downloaded the file http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/11490/Tomato-1.25-Firmware-Source-C... it appeared this only includes the source code and tools, but not the compiled code. I don't currently have the time to set up a build environment -- is there a precompiled version available for downloading?

Also, to revert to the factory firmware, is it possible to use the Tomato's web interface firmeware upgrade feature to install the .CHK file version of the original Netgear firmware?

Thank you very much for your help.

Paul McJones