You are here

1. Home
  2. » Forums

A Clean release of DD-WRT or Open-WRT for the R6300 v.1

1 post / 0 new
webdevii
webdevii's picture
A Clean release of DD-WRT or Open-WRT for the R6300 v.1

I just recently purchased the infamous Netgear R6300 Dual Band Router, I totally love it, however after seeing the features that the XXX-WRT firmwares support above and beyond what Netgear offers I would like to run my Router on the WRT firmware.  Now as I was looking through the blogs and comments I noticed there were  a lot of bugs in the latest versions for the R6300.  What I am interested in knowing, is there going to be a Stable, Clean version ever for the Netgear R6300 Version 1.  As I do not want to really buy another R6300 v2. Or for that matter another brand that XXX-WRT does support bug free. 

My network configuration is as follows:

1. ISP  =  Verizon FiOS, Specially modded by Verizon and myself to run Ethernet over Ethernet instead of Ethernet over MoCA Thus being able to use my own router.

2. I have Internet, Video & Landline service via Verizon, the only thing the

Verizon Actiontec is even there for is to manage the Video, I have my own router

plugged directly to the ONT thus bypassing the Actiontec for serving up the web.

3. I run a Qnap NAS on Dual RJ45's and Cat-6 Cabling.  I have 6 Devices that run off of the

5 Ghz Wireless at blazing fast speeds

4. I run 3 Desktops on the Wired side (1, Mac Mini - 1, i7 Gaming Power system, 1 All in

One for my day to day business needs.

I get excellent Thruput on both the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz Wireless bands.

I run a network attached security system on one Wired connection.

So there you have it......

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, so with that said................

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer

Respectfully

Dev,