Connectivity Issues - after flashing with tomato 1.28

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
merin_83
merin_83's picture
Connectivity Issues - after flashing with tomato 1.28

Hi guys, am very new to this forum and last week i had flashed my netgear WNR3500L router with tomato 1.28 firmware. I liked the features of this new frmware, but am observing very often connection drops. Below are the details,

PC OS -> Win7 (64 bit)

Router -> Netgear WNR3500L (tomato 1.28)

ISP -> Optimum Online (Motoroll modem)

I play online games and these connection dropouts makes me mad. As soon as there is a drop out, I check the windows notification - the wifi has an alert icon saying - NO INTERNET. When i open the network center in win7, the icons shows PC connected to router, but router disconnected from internet. Then I checked the Motorolla modem (optimum online), all lights are green except the LINK which is orange in color. But in a minute or so the wifi connection is Up. I just logged into router and checked the logs (just a try :) .. )  i was able to find one error -" connection reset by peer. Not more than that. Please help me to fiond the issue.

Thanks in advance Innocent

merin_83
merin_83's picture
Thanks haddock, am so noob,

Thanks haddock, am so noob, what is bridge mode ? or how to do that Embarassed

kt_haddock said: Do you have your modem in briged mode ? If not do it. You probably have double dhcp ant nat going at the same time.

merin_83
merin_83's picture
the IP 192.168.1.254 dint

the IP 192.168.1.254 dint work, but after some googling i found the default IP of the Motorola SBV5120 is http://192.168.100.1. Then entered user id and password.in the configuration page dint have any editable option's or neither any thing related to Bridge / operation mode.

only below details,

Configuration
Frequency Plan: North American Standard/HRC/IRC
Upstream Channel ID: 2
Favorite Frequency (Hz): 609000000
DHCP Server Enabled

Note: And one more thing i noticed is that, when i connected my pc to modem directly thru a cable , its says - connected NO INTERNET. I was thinking that connecting pc to modem directly with out router will have an internet access. But i dint. is this normal ? pls help