General problems with DD-WRT on wnr3500lv2

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
germantobi
germantobi's picture
General problems with DD-WRT on wnr3500lv2

Hello,

first this is my second router with DD-WRT.

I would install the Firmware from the official dd-wrt website, but it didn't work (maybe the wrong version).

So i take the version from myrouter.de (DD-WRT for NETGEAR WNR3500Lv2 Support Release).

A big problem is that the settings aren't saved when i only click on "Apply Settings". I have a feeling that some changes aren't applied after changing and after software reboot the settings are the old one.

Edit: Wasn't a problem with DD-WRT

--->

Ping from outside don't work. (Setting is correct) -> I can't contact the router from outside, vpn doesn't work too.

The wan IP is a locale one, but i think its a problem with my cabel modem behind it. (but internet workes)

<----

My wish is that a new better version comes the next time or i can use an other one.

Fine would be another design and german language support.

Please excuse my poor english.

Thanks in advance!

germantobi
germantobi's picture
Does Tomato work better?

Does Tomato work better?
Can i change direkt from DD-WRT to Tomato?

Subhra
Subhra's picture
First to apply a settings, it

First to apply a settings, it is customary to frist click "save" then "Appply Settings".
You can use Tomato for your WNR3500Lv2, a lot of work have been done in tomato for WNR3500Lv2.
Yes you can directly upgrade from dd-wrt to tomato.

IMHal
IMHal's picture
Welche die dd-wrt pflegten

Welche die dd-wrt pflegten sie? Die dd-wrt auf dies website funktioniert - mindestens f?r mich...

You can change from dd-wrt to Tomato but you first have to install dd-wrt, the firmware upgrade program in the stock firmware will not load Tomato directly. But dd-wrt will allow you to flash the router with Tomato.