Getting started with WNR3500L

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
SPICEY
SPICEY's picture
Getting started with WNR3500L

Hi,

I'm new to this community so "hello world!" I'm in love with communications and open source development and I am 85% decided that I'll be developping code for the WNR3500L on my weekends for the next 8-12+ months, but I have some questions before I go throwing my own money into a bunch of equipment.

1. What adapters (like wireless-n USB) work optimally with the above mentioned router.

2. Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm looking right now for the best articles on HD video streaming. In particular encoding/compressing formats, creating sessions(something like programming RTSP???), and bandwidth issues are still puzzling me.

3. What development suite/language/etc/etc are you using to develop the software?

4. Any 101s/tips/pointers/"NEVER MAKE THIS MISTAKE"s can you give me???

I hope to work with some of you in the near future.

Sincely,

Scott Spicey

Sudipta
Sudipta's picture
For streaming, minidlna is

For streaming, minidlna is ported on WNR3500L router. There are different modules such as upnp, ushare and ffmpeg. Upnp is used to recognizing stream sources in a network. FFMPEG for transcoding and ushare work as streamer.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
Welcome to the community,

Welcome to the community, Spicey! Looking forward to hearing about your projects and efforts. We have lots of coders/experts hanging around our forums who I'm sure are excited about it as well. If you ever want to submit anything as a download for other members to use and enjoy, let me know via PM and I'll be happy to help you out!