Help with bricked WGR614Lv8

I had at DD-WRT build from Jan 09 running and during an attempt to
upgrade to the latest bricked it. I am not sure what I did exactly,
don't upgrade when tired!  

Here is what I am able to do.

Serial console is working.

I am able to CTRL-C and start the tftpd

I can ping the router at 192.168.1.1

I can upload using a windows tftp app the images downloaded from this site.

The DD-WRT *.chk builds from here don't run, the router always resets.  

When I flash the original WGR614 image chk image the router seems to start correctly. The DHCP server is running, however, when I try to connect to 192.168.1.1 I am asked for a username and pw. I enter the default from the manual and back label but nothing seems to work. Firefox and IE same behavior. 

I have done the hard reset several times. I see in the console the loaddefaults! message when I do this. Still not able to log in via the web.

I do have the command prompt from the serial console, but not sure what I can do there to help my situation.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Chris7758
Chris7758's picture
Thanks. using the nvram erase

Thanks. using the nvram erase, restart allowed me to login to the router. Then I was able to update to the latest DD-WRT image.

Chris7758
Chris7758's picture
Here was my restore path.

Here was my restore path.
- Flashed WGR614v8-V1.1.24_14.0.43NA.chk
- Applied the nvram erase to be able to log in again
- Flashed then the last known working image for me which was dd-wrt.v24-11205_WGR614v8-L_mini.bin
- Then upgraded to the latest I found on this site which was dd-wrt.v24-11793_WGR614v8-L_mini.bin

I see there is a new build but haven't looked into what I need to do to update the router, this is what I was doing when I got myself into trouble. Not seeing the mini.bin readily available I will wait to I understand a bit more before I try again.