Help With WNR3500L

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
darkmatter
darkmatter's picture
Help With WNR3500L

Hello,

I recently bought a WNR3500L with USB support. I am new to routers and networking and after some digging around I eventually got one of my USB devices to successfully network to my computer. I recently tried to put DD-WRT on my router and it bricked up. I was able to take it best buy and get it exchanged for a new one. My problem is that I want to do it again but I dont want to risk bricking it up. Is their a fail safe solution to putting DD-WRT onto the router? I want to be able to network multiple Hardrives and a printer with a USB hub and I believe you can do that with DD-WRT. Thanks

Hands of Blue
Hands of Blue's picture
Follow the instructions in

Follow the instructions in the "peacock" thread on the DD-WRT forums and you can't go wrong. I've flashed over a dozen units and never had a problem.

darkmatter
darkmatter's picture
Can you link to this thread?

Can you link to this thread?

Thanks

Hands of Blue
Hands of Blue's picture
It's called the peacock

It's called the peacock thread to help you search for it ;) Sybr also provided the correct link.

Don't forget to review the threads for the version you plan on installing, and your platform. Failing to do so can (and often will) result in problems that could have been easily avoided.

Kong
Kong's picture
Just a hint. DD-WRT builds

Just a hint. DD-WRT builds from myopenrouter download section are all tested at least the ones I put there. If you use a build from dd-wrt site you may run into problems, since they release builds that are not tested with every unit.

Sudipta
Sudipta's picture
How have you upgraded to dd

How have you upgraded to dd-wrt? Using serial cable or web gui? What is showing, when are you booting the board? If you have the serial cable you can upgrade original firmware also.