Kong Mod Update build 16830

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kong
Kong's picture
Kong Mod Update build 16830

Bump to 16830, besides some minor enhancements from upstream.

Kong Mod Info: http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/23842/DD-WRT-Kong-Mod-Info/

This release fixes two issues that were discovered in 16780.

DLNA/VPN Build:

-Qos performance bug fixed. I have tested using HSFC paket sheduler

VPN Build:

-fix privoxy not accepting connections in transparent mode

Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-SAMBA3-DLNA

MD5SUM: def1f93f7ccb87c7579f402cff7bc812

Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-SAMBA3-OPENVPN

MD5SUM: 95f158a282a7a1ca96f07ca73e3f6fdc

@Peter, can you update the links again? Thanks!

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
@Kong--updating as we speak,

@Kong--updating as we speak, cheers!

Kong
Kong's picture
@grimreaper, I think the

@grimreaper, I think the redirect problem is a browser specific problem. As for signal strength, the location of the components is very important, someone has done tests with signal strength before and it showed a big differenced if the router is laid won or standing, depending on the direction of the client. You also have to checkout what's close to the router metal or other wireless devices should be avoided.

bitcom
bitcom's picture
Hey Guys,

Hey Guys,

I'm having a little problem with my wireless transmit rate and range after going from version 15000M -> 16774M, both are the OpenVPN version. On 15000 my transmit rates were always above 90mbps, but now it only stays at 7-13mbps. My iPhone even loses the connection when I'm only 10 meters away.

I'm on a WNR3500L with NG mixed mode and 20mhz channel width.
Security is with WPA2 Personal, AES+TKIP. Everything else is at their default settings.

Mainer82
Mainer82's picture
Hi Kong, q

Hi Kong, q

Question for you. I am going to try your builds, as I have never done so. I've always used to stock builds of DD-WRT.

What is important to me, and I'm wondering if your builds will help:
*Network performace speeds
--I have several computers on the network with 1Gb connections, CAT6 cabling, patch panels, 1Gb Netgear switches (GS108). I do a lot of data transfers, I the speeds are pretty decent (941Mbps)

*QoS, currently the version of DD-WRT I'm using does not work. I want QoS to give my Xbox 360 the majority of the bandwith and or Star Trek Online but even if those games are not being played the internet on other computers are still throttled.

Thanks, your work is appreciated.

Mainer82
Mainer82's picture
That's LAN to LAN speed

That's LAN to LAN speed though. :) I do have a 20Mb internet connection, which I've noticed connected directly to my modem I can utilize, but on the old DD-WRT firmware 148xx, I would not see that throughput. I'm hoping with this build, I will. We will see, I'm waiting on the JTAG cable as I bricked the WNR3500. :)

I read that thread, but I wasn't sure if fast_nat was enabled in this build or if general optimizations Kong did that helps LAN-WAN / LAN-LAN performance.

dhfisher
dhfisher's picture
Can you add privoxy for the

Can you add privoxy for the E3000 build?

dhfisher
dhfisher's picture
Sorry, duplicated post.

Sorry, duplicated post.

Kong
Kong's picture
Sure. Once I had time to

Sure. Once I had time to build and upload it I'll let you know.

dhfisher
dhfisher's picture
thank you

thank you

Mainer82
Mainer82's picture
Hi Kong, just checking to see

Hi Kong, just checking to see if you had a chance to view my post above? I'm primarily concerned that the LAN-LAN speeds and LAN-WAN speeds. I read that performance post, and wasn't sure if any enhancements, etc were added to this build to help? Thanks again,

Kong
Kong's picture
WAN-LAN throughput (QOS

WAN-LAN throughput (QOS disabled, Firewall Logging disabled) is around 140Mbps. Even standard dd-wrt does around 70Mbps, but once you switch on logging qos etc it will drop. To handle a 20Mbit line should be no problem at all.

You won't see fast_nat on dd-wrt or tomato, since it breaks certain features which does not cause a problem for the netgear firmware since it does not offer these features:-)

lamalicefr
lamalicefr's picture
Hello Kong

Hello Kong

The disk formatted with NTFS and DLNA, data is always deleted with this release.

Lamalicefr

Kong
Kong's picture
What drive do you use?

What drive do you use?
My build now uses the same ntfs-3g as tomato.

lamalicefr
lamalicefr's picture
My drive is a Western Digital

My drive is a Western Digital 2 TB, it is formatted with Windows Seven. It is mounted with JFS.

lamalicefr
lamalicefr's picture
Hello Kong

Hello Kong

I have another hard drive formatted in NTFS, it's good .....
After I put the hard drive of 2TB is good too, I do not understand .....
When I have a little more time, I'll try to find out why some mkv does not work.

Lamalicefr

hahaha
hahaha's picture
Is stock firmware using

Is stock firmware using different samba version? I'm wondering why its usb is way faster than dd-wrt/tomato.

nightcrawler
nightcrawler's picture
I've also the "WIFI" range

I've also the "WIFI" range problem. When I set the security on WPA2 personal the signal drops from 54% to 18%. But when I put the security on WPA personal the range stays the same 54%. So its something with the security.

SO my work-a-round is an WPA personal protection with an active MAC filtering list that only allows my pc's and smartphones.

CharlieF
CharlieF's picture
I'm seeing the same problem

I'm seeing the same problem with wireless. I'm using Kong build 16830M on an Asus RT-N16.
Wireless works great for a while. Next day it's down to a transmit rate of 7 or so.
When I disable the wireless and re-enable it, we are back to normal for a while.
I'm using NG-Mixed, WPA2 Personal, TKIP+AES.
This didn't happen with Kong build 15758M.

Any ideas?

Kong
Kong's picture
Hmmm, this sounds like an

Hmmm, this sounds like an issue with the new broadcom driver. Since disabling and enabling makes a difference I would suspect some energy management issue. Energy management has been added through the new drivers. Anyways I have not seen this issue with my setup, so I guessthis hits people with certain configs or client adapters.

bitcom
bitcom's picture
I found that changing the

I found that changing the channel width to 20mhz and using only AES WPA algorithm helps.

bitcom
bitcom's picture
grimreaper1014 said:

grimreaper1014 said:

bitcom said: I found that changing the channel width to 20mhz and using only AES WPA algorithm helps.

I did what you said you did. I didn't notice any increase in speeds or anything. I think the problem is that the router does not properly display the correct signals and speeds. For example my router is saying my signal is only 29%, and my speed is 135Mbps. Where on my laptop my signal is very good. I have 4 out 5 green bars, and when I click on the status of the adpapter it says the speed is 150Mbps. I recommend that people check the speed and signal on their wireless adapters. This seams to be more reliable.

If you're getting 135 Mbps, then good for you.  I only had 7 after upgrading to the current firmware and it went up to 78 Mbps after changing the above settings, which is a big improvement.  The worst part of all this is I'm only 3-4 meters away from the router.

I normally check the speed on my MacBook, not the router.  For people who don't know you can hold down the option key while clicking on the wifi menu in OS X.

Another thing that really helped was doing a site survey and picking the least populated channel.

tenninjas
tenninjas's picture
I'm curious if there's any

I'm curious if there's any reason these builds wouldn't work on the Belkin F7Dxxxx series routers? The only difference I'm aware of is most of the Belkin's are using SOC NIC's; is SOC support stripped from the driver in this build?

tenninjas
tenninjas's picture
Seems to be working on Belkin

Seems to be working on Belkin F7D3302 with no problems. I will see what else in the series I can get my hands on. Has anyone else thought of trying these units?

firmtech
firmtech's picture
I have been running 16830 on

I have been running 16830 on belkin f7d4301/f7d8301 for quite some time. it works well on these routers. the only thing not working is usb leds. they use gpio 14, 15. do these have to be enabled in the kernel? kong keep up the great work! i love this firmware!

eTaurus
eTaurus's picture
Hi Kong,

Hi Kong,
I posted this already under the Kong Mod Info but since you never answered there I'm going to try it here also.
Would it be possible to add 3G-modem support to your mod? It would be the killer mod for me then.

Thanks,

eTaurus

anees.sw
anees.sw's picture
pppoe doesnt work at all in

pppoe doesnt work at all in belkin play max. there is a ticket at ddwrt and it was fixed in svn 17084. any chance we get a kong mod of that?

anees.sw
anees.sw's picture
i have a 4301 , i dont

i have a 4301 , i dont believe there are usb leds ?

firmtech
firmtech's picture
They are on the back next to

They are on the back next to the ports. They work with tomato, not with ddwrt.

anees.sw
anees.sw's picture
right . never noticed those.

right . never noticed those. but why bother with them anyways?

anees.sw
anees.sw's picture
pppoe does not work in belkin

pppoe does not work in belkin play. it didnt work in ddwrt std either till i upgraded to build 17084. when do we get a kong mod of 17084 :D?

Pages