Kong Mod Update build 17356

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kong
Kong's picture
Kong Mod Update build 17356

Here is a new build based on dd-wrt r17356.

Since my last release, which I now consider very stable, this build introduces only a few enhancements.

OpenVPN Build:

-upgrade to latest privoxy + update default blocking rule set

-update openvpn + bugfixes

OpenVPN + DLNA Build:

-update proftpd

-new automount behaviour, mounts all partitions

-enable 3G Modem support

As always basic functionality including PPPOE,DDNS,SAMBA,DLNA,WIRELESS has been tested on a WNR3500L.

Update 07/26/2011 (still r17356, but new builds from the above links):

-include all language packs for the webinterface

-add usb_modutils to support more 3G usb modems

Kong Mod Info: http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/23842/DD-WRT-Kong-Mod-Info/

Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-SAMBA3-DLNA

MD5SUM: 3355ccdf0637dea537f764aa43844f41

Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-SAMBA3-OPENVPN

MD5SUM: 183a4b683cc5204e7fd06c2b25c0ebec

Dark_Shadow
Dark_Shadow's picture
Any Chance for an All In One

Any Chance for an All In One build?

mrg666
mrg666's picture
I agree about the stability

I agree about the stability of 17140. It has been so stable on my WNR3500L that I am really reluctant to test this now :) But I can't resist, I will test this build.

Did you also switch to 2.6.39 kernel along with Brainslayer (changeset 17323) in this release?
If that is true, are there any advantages of the new kernel?

Brandon C
Brandon C's picture
It looks like it's Linux

It looks like it's Linux version 2.6.24.111.

Looking forward to testing out this new update.

Kong
Kong's picture
mrg666 said: I agree about

mrg666 said: I agree about the stability of 17140. It has been so stable on my WNR3500L that I am really reluctant to test this now :) But I can't resist, I will test this build. Did you also switch to 2.6.39 kernel along with Brainslayer (changeset 17323) in this release? If that is true, are there any advantages of the new kernel?

This update was for x86 not for broadcom.

mrg666
mrg666's picture
BC and Kong, thank you for

BC and Kong, thank you for the replies.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
Kong--the downloads on the

Kong--the downloads on the site have been updated.

Kong
Kong's picture
Thanks Peter!

Thanks Peter!

Kong
Kong's picture
Same as my previous build

Same as my previous build since I had zero problems with it.

balihotel6
balihotel6's picture
bali hotel seminyakbali
taekwon3dan
taekwon3dan's picture
Kong,

Kong,

Thanks for your continued work on this great firmware. I am using your firmware on an E3000 right now.

A couple of observations so far. I can't get multiple SSIDs to work on 2.4. The second SSID shows up for a while and then it stops broadcasting.

For some reason, I can't get a TOSHIBA laptop (Realtek adapters - native and USB) to connect to the internet, although it seems to connect to the router. The only way I can get it to connect to the internet is to assign a static IP/DNS on the TOSHIBA. When I switch to stock firmware, there is no problem connecting. Also, all other devices (9 of them) have no problems at all with your firmware.

BTW, I have done the 30-30-30 at least a couple of times with the same result.

eTaurus
eTaurus's picture
3g Modem support isn't

3g Modem support isn't working. Did you include ozerocdoff? It seems that my 3g stick is recognized as a drive but the firmware fails to switch it to modem mode. Everything is ok with the original DD-WRT.
As I switched back, I cannot post logs or other helpful output.

Greetings,

eTaurus

Kong
Kong's picture
Hi eTaurus,

Hi eTaurus,

indeed. For those 3G sticks I need tgo add usb_modeswitch utils. I'll include it in updated builds.

Kong
Kong's picture
Just uploaded new builds,

Just uploaded new builds, only difference is:

-all language packs included
-usb_modeutils with ozerocdoff included

Kong
Kong's picture
Hi kt,

Hi kt,

either your win7 does some strange thing when it submits its username at initial connect or there is a problem with your smb.conf.

I have a freshly installed win7 business that works fine using a public share.

Kong
Kong's picture
Ah sorry I misunderstood. For

Ah sorry I misunderstood. For the public share or a share with user/pass?
Also did you try accessing via \\IP\Public etc.?
Unfortunately I have no Vista Box I could use for testing.

eTaurus
eTaurus's picture
Now my 3g Modem works fine.

Now my 3g Modem works fine. Thank you so much, Kong!
Now I only have to work out how to best use DLNA with foobar and Facets as playlist...
But this is not your problem :D

Best regards,

eTaurus

SunnyVOIP
SunnyVOIP's picture
Is it possible to put

Is it possible to put Asterisk free PBX inside this router and make WNR3500L a VOIP appliance + VPN router?

SunnyVOIP
SunnyVOIP's picture
kt_haddock said:

kt_haddock said:

SunnyVOIP said: Is it possible to put Asterisk free PBX inside this router and make WNR3500L a VOIP appliance + VPN router?

Have a look here: ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/06-14-11-r17...

Thanks. Only DD-WRT Mega has the Asterisk server inside:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_%22DD-WRT%22%3F

cz_coxx
cz_coxx's picture
Kong,

Kong,
I tried instal your new build, but I have problem with Samba users. In build 15758 (my previous firmware) in section Services - NAS - File Sharing was form for user definition (User 1 + Password, User 2 + Password) but this form is not in built 17356. Is possible define users in Custom Configuration? Thank you for advice.

Dark_Shadow
Dark_Shadow's picture
cz_coxx said: Kong, I tried

cz_coxx said: Kong, I tried instal your new build, but I have problem with Samba users. In build 15758 (my previous firmware) in section Services - NAS - File Sharing was form for user definition (User 1 + Password, User 2 + Password) but this form is not in built 17356. Is possible define users in Custom Configuration? Thank you for advice.

Disable custom conf

Kong
Kong's picture
name, just a cosmetic but....

name, just a cosmetic but.............. - How long is HDD spin down time, SD-idle ? kt_haddock Ps: I haven't possibility to test Vista login as my GF is away with laptop.

sd-idle is not ebabled by default, one has to call it via command Administration->Commands->Save Startup or in some custom script which is executed at each boot or mount.

mrg666
mrg666's picture
I have been running 17356 on

I have been running 17356 on my WNR3500L since one week now and it is running as good as 17140, i.e. extremely reliable. Thank you Kong!

metro2000
metro2000's picture
hi,

hi,
how do I use and where do I find the script to enable the hard driver spin down (idle)? I usually just unplug mine from the USB port because it's constantly spinning, but this feature would definitely help.

thanks !

cz_coxx
cz_coxx's picture
Dark_Shadow said:

Dark_Shadow said:

cz_coxx said: Kong, I tried instal your new build, but I have problem with Samba users. In build 15758 (my previous firmware) in section Services - NAS - File Sharing was form for user definition (User 1 + Password, User 2 + Password) but this form is not in built 17356. Is possible define users in Custom Configuration? Thank you for advice.

Disable custom conf

My problem is that when I disable custom conf I have problem to specify folder for sharing. 
Example:
On USB drive are folders: Folder1, Folder2, Folder3
I defined 2 users: User1, User2

In my previous firmware in custom conf I defined:
Share1 - Folder1 - User1 only
Share2 - Folder2 - User2 only
Share3 - Folder3 - User1 & User2

When disable custom conf and set:
Path: /jffs     name: Share1 (User1)   - displayed all of folders (1, 2, 3)
Path: /jffs     name: Share2 (User2)   - displayed all of folders (1, 2, 3)
Path: /jffs     name: Share3 (User1 & 2)   - displayed all of folders (1, 2, 3)

How can I restricted for Share1 Folder1 only and same for other Share

Thank for advice

Kong
Kong's picture
cz_coxx, I haven't had time

cz_coxx, I haven't had time to look into this since dd-wrt reworked the samba gui. So I just did and can confirm, that this is not optimal right now.

But to create users needed for your custom config you can do the following. Under: Administration->Commands

add the following:

echo "usernameyxz:*:1000:1000:usernamexyz:/var:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd
smbpasswd usernameyxz passwordxyz

If you want to add another user, just add these lines for user2 and increment the user(1000) group(1000) number e.g.:

echo "username2:*:1001:1001:username2:/var:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd
smbpasswd username2 password2

and just press "Save Startup". Now at every startup these users will be created and you can use them in your custom config.

cz_coxx
cz_coxx's picture
Kong: it works great - thank

Kong: it works great - thank you.

Is there any way how is possible to restrict folders for sharing when is custom conf disabled? See my last comment.

Dark_Shadow
Dark_Shadow's picture
Just a FYI the mnt directory

Just a FYI the mnt directory is a symbolic link to nowhere in this build reverting back to 17140 solves the issue.

Also is there a way to fix dd-wrt's automount? If there are 2 drives plugged in it mounts both 1st partitions to /opt.

Kong
Kong's picture
Hi Dark_Shadow,

Hi Dark_Shadow,

here /mnt is a link to /tmp/mnt whit contents disc0, dic0_part1
So I guess it happens under certain circumstances. I'm going to check the double mount issue.

Dark_Shadow
Dark_Shadow's picture
Have a look at changeset

Have a look at changeset 17227 http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/17227 I beleve there is a typo

line 58

ln -sf tmp/mnt mnt

Should be?

ln -sf tmp/mnt /mnt