Looking for pinout to BCM5354 chip

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
Looking for pinout to BCM5354 chip

This is Broadcom chip used on the WGR614L router.   I am trying to find out the pinout so I can make use of the two UARTs, the GPIO, the USB 2.0 interface and the i2c interface.   Any information will be apprecated.

I am working on some open source *hardware* projects and the pin information will be quite useful.

Gus Calabrese

bzing2
bzing2's picture
I have also been looking for

I have also been looking for that data-sheet, I have found nothing other than the Product Brief (useless). I am guessing by the lack of information that you can only get your hands on it under an NDA. All I can suggest is phoning up Broadcom and asking for it. If you are met with any success please drop me a line!

benbennington
benbennington's picture
I don't believe that you will

I don't believe that you will get very far, IIRC the SoC you mentioned is a BGA package, so the pins you desire are probably inaccessible.

bzing2
bzing2's picture
Good point that man!

Good point that man!

I guess one could ask Netgear what each of the additional JP's are connected to on their "Open Source" board; however I suspect that will also be rather unsuccessful!

puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
Any additional information on

Any additional information on pinout would be helpful. I can be very creative when I need to be. I have some fun projects in mind.

Gus

puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
Anyone who wants to send me

Anyone who wants to send me information anonymously can snail mail to
4337 Raleigh Street Denver, CO 80212

I am not trying to hurt Broadcomm, just get some pinouts.

Gus

puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
I will give Broadcom and

I will give Broadcom and Netgear a phone call tomorrow plus send out some snail-mail to both companies.

Office of CEO
Broadcom
5300 California Avenue (Buildings 1-8)
Irvine, California 92617
* Voice: 949-926-5000
* Fax: 949-926-5203

HEADQUARTERS
NETGEAR Inc.
350 East Plumeria Drive
San Jose, California 95134-1911
Phone: (408) 907-8000
Fax: (408) 907-8097

puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
I have sent snail mail off to

I have sent snail mail off to Broadcom and Netgear..... to Marketing, the CEOs and Engineering.

puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
Does anyone have a bricked ,

Does anyone have a bricked , dead WGR614L router ? I will pay to have it shipped to me and I will disassemble it to find out the magic connections that hardware people may want.

Gus
720 222 1309

amcgrath
amcgrath's picture
Any success with obtaining

Any success with obtaining the datasheet from Broadcom??

puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
No one I sent requests to

No one I sent requests to gave me anything more than a brush-off. 20090112

Gus

amcgrath
amcgrath's picture
Gus et al

Gus et al

I don't know if you've seen this blog (http://mightyohm.com/blog/2008/10/detailed-specs-for-the-asus-wl-520gu-u...)?

The ASUS uses a BCM5354 (as noticed by Mark). Though it looks to be a slightly different silicon revision (BCM5354KFBG HK0819 P13 R2 vs my BCM5354KFBG CK0817 P11 R2A). The source for the ASUS can be downloaded from: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Jeff
Jeff's picture
You might have better luck

You might have better luck talking to the applications engineering department at Broadcom instead of the CEO. Or make friends with an engineer. :-)

Maharaj
Maharaj's picture
Hello,

Hello,

I have identified an opportunity to modify and sell Netgear routers to faciltate USB communication with other embedded hardware and sell my product/software/service to an another client. Is this permitted by netGear? Does anyone know if this so called "openSource " router can actually be useful to professionals like me who can do a downstream buiness with it.. Can any one please answer. Earlier I resisted attempts to sell other routers after modifications fearing legal implications. Now that they have named it open SOurce -- is it also a platform like motherboards which any could hack and sell?

Can we get any official netgear licensing for this?

Thanks,
Maha

puppetboy
puppetboy's picture
Maha

Maha

I have never gotten any useful response from Netgear. I advise you to give up on the idea if you think you require any kind of response from Netgear.

I am very disappointed.

red_mamba
red_mamba's picture
Any success on pinout for

Any success on pinout for BCM5354?