MiniDLNA (Kong Mod) and Sony EX500 TV not working?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Watson
Watson's picture
MiniDLNA (Kong Mod) and Sony EX500 TV not working?

Hi!

I have flashed "DD-WRT Kong Mod USB/FTP/miniDLNA/Samba3" on my WNR3500L, with the hope of getting DLNA working with a Sony 32EX500 TV.

I've plugged in an ext-3 formatted 1TB Seagate disk, which is mounted succesfully on /mnt. The routes is running FTP and SAMBA on /mnt no problems.

MiniDLNA seems to be working, it's indexing the files, refreshing the database, etc. TV sees the server, but every time I try opening file listing it fails (can't download file list). MiniDLNA logs don't show any errors, there are messages being sent, they even contain file names, resolutions, encodings, etc., but the TV does not display anything, not even simple .jpg or .mp3 files. I can browse folders, but cannot get any files to show up.

Any clues what might be the cause?

Francesco
Francesco's picture
Hello!

Hello!

I'm having the same issue with an ext3 1 Tb disk.
If i run MiniDLNA in debug mode forcing db rebuild, the logs show "Creating new database..." but there is no media scan message or something similar.
BTW, the dimension of my files.db is the same when it creates the db and after many days: always 69632.

If you need more informations just tell me what you need and/or what tests can I do.

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

Watson
Watson's picture
Well, I've sorted out my

Well, I've sorted out my problem. My TV does not support videos encoded in anything but Mpeg-2, that's why it didn't see any videos. As for the music and pictures, I was simply trying to view them through wrong menu options (Video instead of Music or Pictures), so they didn't show up.

As for the DB size, I would assume that if you don't add any files to the drive .db size will not increase.