Need help with WNDR3500L v2 Setup and other questions

1 post / 0 new
Forensics1
Forensics1's picture
Need help with WNDR3500L v2 Setup and other questions

Hello all.

We have a WNDR3400 in place and running our small office newtork. We love it, especially all of those flashing blue lights in the dome! We use those lights as a marketing tool because when our clients visit they always ask about them and wonder if that box is some sort of exotic security, RADAR detector, or like device.

But, due to the construuction of our building there is a giant dead spot in one area. 

We also have a WNDR3500L v2 sitting in a box awaiting a job.

I was thinking about using the 3500 as a wireless repeater for now until somthing else comes along.

How would I set that up? Please.

I know I should just reserach this and find out but we are in real time crunch and thus we need help from the experts here.

Also, would anyone recomend replacing the 3400 with the 3500 and using the 3400 as a wireless repeater?

Even further, should we install Tomato on the 3500, use it as the primary router, and then use the 3400 as the wireless repeater?

Mind you, we are not doing anything exotic here. Regular old stuff as our non-forensic machines are the only ones allowed on the net. Our forensic machines are all air gapped and otherwise highly secured. 

Thank you,

Mike