Netgear EX6200 to share xfinitywifi hotspot with one Comcast Xfinity account login?

1 post / 0 new
alchemista
alchemista's picture
Netgear EX6200 to share xfinitywifi hotspot with one Comcast Xfinity account login?

I want to share one Comcast xfinitywifi hotspot with multiple devices, but only want to login once to the hotspot.

So, the uplink WiFi hostpot is the public Comcast hostpot (broadcasts as xfinitywifi 2.4Ghz).  I want to connect with the EX6200 to the hotspot, login one time to my Comcast account, and then be able to connect multiple devices to the EX6200's WiFi without those devices needing to login with an Xfinity acount again.

What happens when I connect with the EX6200 is that it connects OK to the xfinitywifi, but then each device that connects to the EX6200's extended WiFi has to login to the Xfinity hotspot splash page.

Is there a way to just login one time (so that the EX6200 is what authenticates to my Comcast account), and then every other device just connects to the EX6200's broadcast extended WiFi, without needing a new login?

Does flashing dd-wrt help here?