Netgear R8000P aka X6S

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
nighthawk17
nighthawk17's picture
Netgear R8000P aka X6S

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the newly released Netgear R8000P (aka X6s) has the same chipset as the R8000 (X6). I can't find any information on it and wanted to re-flash my X6S to an opensource firmware build. If not, any idea when a ddwrt build for teh X6S will be available??

Thanks in advance,

//NH

williamzerx
williamzerx's picture
Not Seeing any information on

Not Seeing any information on this. I to have a R7900P. What is the status on this. Do other firmware versions work with it, and that is why we dont see any commentary. Or is this router not OpenSource like the brochures that sold it. It says on them directly that OpenSource from MyOpenRouter is workable on this router.

williamzerx
williamzerx's picture
Not Seeing any information on

Not Seeing any information on this. I to have a R7900P. What is the status on this. Do other firmware versions work with it, and that is why we dont see any commentary. Or is this router not OpenSource like the brochures that sold it. It says on them directly that OpenSource from MyOpenRouter is workable on this router.

federix
federix's picture
Has anyone got any idea about

Has anyone got any idea about this? I have just bought an R8000P (X6S) and would like to know whether I can flash it with Advanced Tomato, which only seems to have firmware for the older R8000 (X6) router...

mriggins
mriggins's picture
I'm asking as well! Have an

I'm asking as well! Have an X6S (R8000P) and want to know if I can use the 8000 firmware or if a "P" version has to be developed. :)

h3nk3t
h3nk3t's picture
I really want to know this as

I really want to know this as well. I hope for a future DD-WRT with OpenVPN client mode. Hopefully someone that's know more will write in this thread. I ordered this router today. So I'm very excited about this.

The processor will be perfect for running OpenVPN at high speeds.

Broadcom BCM4906

The Broadcom BCM4906

FreeGriese
FreeGriese's picture
I am also quite curiuos as I

I am also quite curiuos as I just realized that I have the "P" version as well. Hopefully, something turns up as I am excited to run DD-WRT on this router.

h3nk3t
h3nk3t's picture
I'm holding my fingers

I'm holding my fingers crossed here. It's time to unleash the inner beauty of this beast. The only way to do that would be awesome DD-WRT on it!!!!

h3nk3t
h3nk3t's picture
Got the router yesterday. It

Got the router yesterday. It's really really fast. Now I just have to pray and hope that all the developers out there make DD-WRT to happen

h3nk3t
h3nk3t's picture
Voxler .... Kong......Shibby.

Voxler .... Kong......Shibby.......heeeeeeelp:-):-)

Sbn_von
Sbn_von's picture
I thought the R8000 and

I thought the R8000 and r8000p was the same thing just more feaures on the P. I wouldve settled for the the R8000 if i knew there was no upgrade for this router.

h3nk3t
h3nk3t's picture
Yeah but the "P" version is

Yeah but the "P" version is here. Since the end of this summer. So now I hope that it isn't a to discrete release that Will be forgotten.

h3nk3t
h3nk3t's picture
Yeah but the "P" version is

Yeah but the "P" version is here. Since the end of this summer. So now I hope that it isn't a to discrete release that Will be forgotten.

ahenriksen
ahenriksen's picture
I've tried flashing with the

I've tried flashing with the R8000 firmware and it says invalid.

Adam

h3nk3t
h3nk3t's picture
You should NEVER flash wrong

You should NEVER flash wrong firmware....!!!!!!!! You could "brick" your Device!! Not the same chip...CPU....etc.

Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal.