on/off Button - WNR3500L V2

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Philipp
Philipp's picture
on/off Button - WNR3500L V2

hello guys,

I'm new here in the forum, and I hope you can help me.

2 weeks ago I bought a netgear WNR3500L V2, bc my old router slow down my internetspeed.

today I checked out the DD-WRT firmware (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/10/12)).

now, the question is: how can I activate the WLAN on/off button?

with the standart firmware, the button on the rear side do exactly that what I want.

there is a similar thread about the problem: http://www.myopenrouter.com/forum/thread/23694/Newbie-Questions-WLAN-On-Off-Button.../?highlight=button

Kong say there, that in the tab services I will find the solution. Maybe my version is not the same? do exist a newer version of DD-WRT for WNR3500Lv2?

2. Question: what are the main advantage of DD-WRT? (except more features)

greetings from Switzerland :)

m4p
m4p's picture
Hi and welcome,

Hi and welcome,
I'm sorry I can't really help. It sounds like their are special builds of DD-WRT that Kong referred to in that thread, but I"m running the stock firmware on mine right now. I do have Tomato installed on my second WNR3500Lv2. I tried DD-WRT on it once but found Tomato easier to configure.

Kong
Kong's picture
There is no official dd-wrt

There is no official dd-wrt build for the V2 only V1. The build here is a custom build done by a community member, until a dd-wrt dev gets a hold on the V2 there won't be official support for it.

Philipp
Philipp's picture
thanks for the quick answers

thanks for the quick answers

my solution is: change to stock firmware :)

the features of dd-wrt are really nice, but for me (at the moment) it's not that important.

cya