Passing on the 3500L

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
tcope
tcope's picture
Passing on the 3500L

Well it looks like the in-stock dates got yet again... from 12/18 to 1/17. Even Netgear can't tell me when they _might_ start shipping these routers. I for one cannot simply wait around forever until Netgear gets off their butts and actualy starts putting out these modems. I'm moving on to something else... probably Linksys the way that Netgear has been.

Nothing like announcing the release of a new router... and then not releasing it.

Schugy
Schugy's picture
I hope the TP-LINK TL

I hope the TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND will be available again soon. Currently openwrt is supported quite well. Hope DD-WRT will work on it soon :-)

wifigod
wifigod's picture
You're right. We're waiting

You're right. We're waiting for over 3 months. The WNR3500L is definitively not a real product but a fake router. In my opinion it's a marketing experiment, nothing more. Netgear sucked our time.

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
NETGEAR just posted an update

NETGEAR just posted an update regarding shipping/availability of the WNR3500L:

http://www.myopenrouter.com/forum/thread/15755/WNR3500L-will-be-availabl...

tcope
tcope's picture
Peter, thanks for that post!

Peter, thanks for that post! Okay... it's enough to get me to wait to see what happens. If only Netgear CS could have told me this.... I would have been much happier. But it's good to see a company at least trying to do the right thing and get the info out to the public.

Schugy
Schugy's picture
2 l8. My Atheros based device

2 l8. My Atheros based device will arrive tomorrow or on Monday ;-)