R6300v2 (Charter)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
AJDeBres
AJDeBres's picture
R6300v2 (Charter)

Alright first off, hello and greetings.

Few things.  I will put several builds out and put the issues I'm having with them. 

24865M

- Everything works perfect, only one issue with this, randomly about 3 days or so after installation lost all connectivitiy, we were able to connect to network but no internet at all. 

- I am able to simply create a VAP and use it as WEP (2.4Ghz) and people can connect easily.

- This is the reason I started looking for new builds.

- Works great except the VAP does not allow others to connect at all.  no connectivity to the network or anything. (have tried WEP, WPA etc)

- No other issues.

28600M

- Still no VAP connectivity, no other issues.

30870M

- Still no VAP connectivity, no other issues.

I've been drooling over dd-wrt for years now I mean years. but never had the time nor the equipment after buying a WNDR 3400V2, not reading the database right, seeing WNDR3400 is supported. sadly v2 was not.  I would be greatly appreciated if someone could feel like helping a newbie out.   I'm literally into this about 7 days total.  Very Green.   Thank you for your help and tips/tricks etc.  I truly appreciate it.

AJDeBres
AJDeBres's picture
Update.

Update.

I am now using build 30870M

I figured out how to fix the problem however I have a new one.

I can only connect to vap while in wpa2 mixed.  I would like to set one up with WEP for my daughters DSI any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.