R7000 amber leds

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
lhpdiver
lhpdiver's picture
R7000 amber leds

I purchased a router on ebay. It was listed as a R7000 but when it arrived it was a R6900. I found a post where someone described resetting the device id - to a R7000. That was easy enough. Then i flashed the router with Tomato. No issues and the router has been working great for about 6 months now. 

The other day I awoke to find the router's LEDs amber. The power LED lights solid amber and never changes. I hit the reset pin. I know the router saw that because the ip address had been 192.168.2.1 and went back to 192.168.1.1. I can not talk to the router through the LAN port but when I connect to an ethernet port that port will allow me to ping 192.168.1.1 for about 7 seconds but then the LEDs all flash amber and the pings fail. I tried to establish a TFTP session but the router reboots too quickly.

I saw on this forum mention of a USB TTL cable. Do you think there is any chance I would have any luck with one of those. Is it that the nvram has somehow gotten corrupted ?

Any advice appreciated.

lhpdiver
lhpdiver's picture
How do i go about opening up

How do i go about opening up the R6900/R7000 ? I have removed the only screw I see on the bottom. Is it then simply a matter of taking something like a butter knife and working it around the cover ? It is on there pretty tightly...