R7000 with latest Kong DD-WRT (26 oct 2015) has unstable wifi

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
woutersamaey
woutersamaey's picture
R7000 with latest Kong DD-WRT (26 oct 2015) has unstable wifi

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my Netgear R7000 with latest Kong DD-WRT firmware (26 oct 2015).

I created 2 separate wifi's for 2.4ghz and 5ghz, but everytime i'm on the 5ghz I've noticed losing internet connection. The wifi is still connected, but I can no longer access the internet. The only thing I can do is disable wifi on my Macbook and re-enable it, or switch to the 2.4ghz wifi.

This is very irritating, because every time I open my laptop after it went to sleep, the wifi is "connected", but no internet. Once connected, I will also lose internet connection at random, but not that often. Perhaps a few times a day. The wifi on my Macbook still looks like it is connected, but no more internet untill I reconnect.

I have been using an R7000 with Kong version since april, and this one was working fine, but the latest version has this problem. I think I should downgrade, but I was wondering if there is more to this, or anyone else has this problem?

My settings are not special. Only thing I have setup is QoS for Skype and Facetime.

Any ideas?

Wouter

Bird23
Bird23's picture
I update my router yesterday

I update my router yesterday to DD-WRT and I also have problems with wifi.

After creating an extra network on 2.4 Ghz I cannot connect to wireless at all. I think I'll return to Netgear.

Bird23
Bird23's picture
Definitely going back to

Definitely going back to stock firmware.

With the latest DD-WRT I had problems I descripted above. With an older one, wifi was good, but had connection troubles with guest network.

To much of a hassle.

intrepix
intrepix's picture
I have both bands

I have both bands transmitting 5 bars but its the receiving that is causing no connections even when I have double checked and cross referenced my settings with another R7000 which has a much older Kong build.   I really don't know what the issues are but I can connect using a cable and I can upgrade and downgrade but the wireless radio puts out strong signals on both bands but connecting the router wirelessly can't be done.   Windows reports it is not receiving anything on  either band ?

P.S.  I will try using different builds but everything back to June 2015 doesn't work well  ?

For me this build is running

For me this build is running perfectly. Bolth bands are excellent. I have 2 ipads, 2 iphones, 3 pc's, 2 Macbook pros, Oppo player,

and an LG TV. So far so good.

CC

svenonline
svenonline's picture
So far so good. No issues

So far so good. No issues with WIFI. BUT.......... can´t get any SIP devices work on open VPN, strange......Help is welcome :-) Thanks

warreng5995
warreng5995's picture
So is the Latest Kong build

So is the Latest Kong build advised the R7000? Or not?
I just got my 2nd R7000 after the first one was bricked by the latest update from netgear stock firmware updating it through their gui. 

So on this new R7000 I would REALLy like to get away from the stock firmware if there is something that works. I've just got a "regular" home network with satalite interent, and a USB network storage drive connected to my router. 

Any reason that Kong won't work for me?
~Thanks

deltahuj
deltahuj's picture
I am using  DD-WRT v3.0

I am using  DD-WRT v3.0-r28000M kongac (10/24/15) as well, so far its the most stable one.

Disable the 5G and use only 2.4, that what fixed it for me. For some reason 2.4 and 5 doesnt play good together on ddwrt.

Newr releases completly lock up R7000 so dont even try them, untill it is fixed