R7500v1 and LTE modem

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Voxel
Voxel's picture
R7500v1 and LTE modem

I succeeded to use LTE modem with R7500. I.e. modem works instead of cable WAN connection.

If somebody is interested, please let me know. I tried only with two of my Huawei E3276 and E3272 in HiLink mode (cdc_ether and rndis_host). It would be interesting if somebody test it with your modem.

Note: My custom FW is needed for this.

Voxel.

Voxel
Voxel's picture
Luki:

Luki:

Hello

is there a chance to run the modem Huawei e3372s-153 on this router?
If so, how to do it?

IMO the difference E3272 and E3372 not so big. So IMO it is possible. If your modem is in HiLink mode.

There are options: if you are enough experienced in Linux configuration I can send you my experiments. They are not finished. I.e. state "under development". So if you know how to use route, ifconfig etc, I'll send you current state. If not, then you have to wait the end of my experiments.

I succeeded to use my modem. But all done on the fly. From console. Not automatically (yet).

Regards,
Voxel.

Luki
Luki's picture
Thank You very much from the

Thank You very much from the answer.

Unfortunately, I do not know Linux so I'll wait for the final version.cheeky

Thanks

Voxel
Voxel's picture
Beta version of FW (should

Beta version of FW (should work with LTE mode in hostless mode, i.e. HiLink):

https://yadi.sk/d/MKdjFTSUuLhcF

It also works with WAN cable connection w/o modem, as usual.

To use it with LTE modem:

1. Make sure that your modem is in hostless or so called HiLink mode (when plugged into your computer, it appears as an Ethernet device rather than a USB device). I.e. you use your browser to control this modem by its WebGUI, not "Connection Manager"

2. Change IP of your router from 192.168.1.1 to other (e.g. 192.168.3.1 or so). By default HiLink modem has the same IP (192.168.1.1), so if it has the same IP like your router, there will be conflict of addresses.

3. Power off your router, then disconnect the cable from WAN port and attach your HiLink modem to USB port. No cable should be connected to WAN port, otherwise router will NOT use modem. Then turn it ON.

4. That's all. You should be able to control your modem with your browser on computer, connected to router. And use Internet.

I checked this with Huawei E3272 and E3276. Works.

I am interested in results of your testing with other modems.

Voxel.

Luki
Luki's picture
Hello

Hello

Is there any chance to get this FW modification for R7800 ?

Thanks