Setting up R7000 with BT View - IGMP Proxy not working

1 post / 0 new
sweetthdevil
sweetthdevil's picture
Setting up R7000 with BT View - IGMP Proxy not working

Hello all,

Just bought a Netgear R7000 to upgrade my internal netwrok - however, I am desperatly trying to set it up to work with BT View - allowing the IPTV channels, the likes of BT Sport to work. 

I will explained my network to start with.

Son's bedroom groundfloor: 
Wall Socket => Openreach Modem (set up in bridge mode) => Netgeard R7000 => Powerline Piggy Solwise

Living Room 1st Floor:
Powerline Piggy Solwise => Netgear Gigabit Ethernet Switch GS605v2 => TV, BT View, NAS, Wetek Hub

Office 2nd Floor:
Powerline Piggy Solwise => Desktop 

Wifi:
Raft of laptops, phones, tablet, Xbox One, etc. 

Currently the network perform extremely well (better than with the BT Smart Hub), the BT View has access to the internet and can play online content - the like of BBC Iplayer - however the IPTV channels aren't working. 

I enabled "Support British Telecom (BT)IGMP Proxying" to no affect, after searching the web for solutions I set up a Vlan bridge tag 101 (see screenshot https://ibb.co/nkpaqz ) but that resulted in loosing the internet connection all together.

I also tried to set up the Netgear R7000  at the place of the Netgear Gigabit Ethernet Switch and used the Powerline Piggy Solwise for the internal network and the Netgear R7000 to talk to the Openreach modem - that worked as long as the Computer in the office (2nd floor) wasn't working. I am assuming the powerline can't handles WAN and LAN connection at the same time. 

Anyway, the question there is that will I be able to set up my network with a custum firmware? Or am I missing something?