Shibby TomatoUSB install for R6400, can't see any controls, can't revert! Help!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
davidkean
davidkean's picture
Shibby TomatoUSB install for R6400, can't see any controls, can't revert! Help!

Hey guys,

I recently flashed my R6400 using this image:

https://www.myopenrouter.com/download/tomato-firmware-shibby-netgear-r64...

While it did seem to flash correctly. Apparently this is for TomatoUSB not just regular Tomato? When I log into the router it has two dropdowns on the display marked "System" and "LAN" but it shows nothing under them. I see not controls or ways to configure anything which is now making it impossible to revert or get out of the router. The wireless and ethernet is working as expected but I can't see any controls to change their names, security, etc.

While I was digging around I noticed in my browser console that the page was trying to use Jquery functions but Jquery isn't linked or available to the page. I'm wondering if this is why I'm seeing nothing displaying for my controls. 

I'll try to post some photos when I get home. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a nuclear option to get my router back to original firmware?

Thanks!

davidkean
davidkean's picture
Eventually used TFTP to flash

Eventually used TFTP to flash a copy of DD-WRT and now all is well!

maxfield.allison
maxfield.allison's picture
good for you. i do recommend

good for you. i do recommend swapping to tomato shibby though. you have to flash a preparation file 1st followed by a 30-30-30 reset and then flash the actual 1.4 firmware. there are instructions on this site somewhere but let me know if you need assistance.