Toastman v1.28.7503 few questions

1 post / 0 new
Robert Yang
Robert Yang's picture
Toastman v1.28.7503 few questions

Hi, 

I am manage a residential building with 52 wired CAT6 RJ45 to each room with

1. a modem with 100Mb down / 50 Mb up to internet
  2. a NetGear WNR3500L router (Tomato Firmware v1.28.7503 MIPSR2Toastman-RT K26 USB VLAN-VPN-NOCAT) as root router to internet and LAN  (the WIFI is off in this one)
  3. 2 managable 48 ports switches connect to the LAN ports in WNR3500L
  4. 5 WIFI AP wired to one of the managable switches. (AP is using regular router and change to AP mode and connect LAN port to switches LAN port)

My quetions are

1. I tried to protect each connction to prevent they can see each others in the LAN, I was thinking to use PPPoE server in the router but I found Toastman is not supported. So what's the best way to protect other computers are seen from computer in the LAN? (I want to stay with toastman seen it has most powerful QOS)
  2. WIFI are provided behind the main router. if a computer is connected through wifi, the main router web shows that device as wired device in the DEVICE LIST. is it possible I can know which one is wireless from the Tomato Device List page?
  3. Captive Portal seems having problem. I turned it on, I found the CPU jumps very high sometimes, or sometimes the router is not responding till reboot. or sometimes HTTPS traffic are not working.

thank you very much!

Bob