Tomato for Netgear Nighthawk R7000

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
umesh
umesh's picture
BaseBoy said: Here you can

BaseBoy said: Here you can see how you do that ;) http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-... Ip adress you put 192.168.1.2 Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 when you done that press oke and in your browser you go to 192.168.1.1

Her there base boy thanks for the reply it worked and I am up and running I thought I had bricked the router. Just moved from a Asus n66u to R7000 and was hoping to get past 20mbps thinking it was a CPU bottleneck buy still stuck on 20mbps anyone out there getting past this speed with IP vanish VPN 

BaseBoy
BaseBoy's picture
Hey,

Hey,

Have also VPN running but my speed is reaching more, so think its a other problem ;)

linuxloon
linuxloon's picture
Policy based routing and

Policy based routing and tomato on R7000

I just switched from DD-WRT to tomato. Mainly because I wanted to try it but I was getting the reboots with DD-WRT that annoyed me.

It works and I was able to get it to work with PIA VPN without a hitch. The VPN seems faster, however I can't get policy based routing to work. With the VPN on my VoIP phone won't work. Without policy based routing or a way to exempt my phone I will have to go back. DD-WRT has a nice section for policy based routing that made it a snap.

I tried this to get it working without success ( it seems to work for a while after the router reboots. )
Administration > Scripts > WAN Up
ip route add default table 100 via x.x.x.x
ip rule add fwmark 1 table 100
ip route flush cache
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.x.x/32 -j MARK --set-mark 1

x.x.x.x = ISP gateway
192.168.x.x/32 = IP I don't want to use the VPN

Used this guide to get VPN working with PIA
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/110/...

jcbvasconcelos
jcbvasconcelos's picture
As far as I could see, Genie

As far as I could see, Genie is no longer working with R7000P.
I have the Firmare Version V10301.64_10.136. How shall I proceed in order to install Tomato?

Thanks in advance 

jcbvasconcelos
jcbvasconcelos's picture
As far as I could see, Genie

As far as I could see, Genie is no longer working with R7000P.
I have the Firmare Version V10301.64_10.136. How shall I proceed in order to install Tomato?

Thanks in advance 

mrdon213
mrdon213's picture
Currently there is no support

Currently there is no support for the R7000P on tomato.

Hopefully soon!

Pages