Tomato by Shibby Now Available for NETGEAR WNDR3400v1!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
Tomato by Shibby Now Available for NETGEAR WNDR3400v1!

Hey everybody,

shibby has announced that he has created a build of Tomato for the NETGEAR WNDR3400 router.

It's a very new beta, and highly experimental, so flash with caution--but several users are already reporting great stability and performance.

You can download it here: http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/list?cat=80

Let us know if you try it out and how it works for you!

Tomas1
Tomas1's picture
Hi! I thought I write to you

Hi! I thought I write to you and ask a few questions about the tomato firmware and netgear wndr3400v1. I followed your instructions and was able to successfully install the firmware. However, I tried many config settings to get the wireless ethernet bridge to work. The funny thing is that it is able to connect to the main AP at my home network and it shows that is is connecting to the correct channel and signal strength is ok. Clients connected to this wireless ethernet bridge cannot access the internet or any other wireless devices on my home LAN. I have entered the gateway info as well as the DNS. Do you know what else needs to be done to get Tomato working correctly as a wireless bridge? Are there any bugs known to cause this problem and is there any way to get this to work? I have seen several users saying that they have successfully connect their netgear wndr3400v1 to their main AP with the wireless ethernet feature.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tomas