USB HDD Not found - WNR3500L v24 sp2 vpnkong build 15758M

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
rbscairns
rbscairns's picture
USB HDD Not found - WNR3500L v24 sp2 vpnkong build 15758M

I have DD-WRT v24-sp2 vpnkong - build 15758M installed on my WNR3500L and decided to try and connect my NTFS formatted WD320GB external USB HDD to the router.

Before connecting the USB HDD, in the GUI I went to Services>USB and set:

• Core USB = enable
  • USB 1.1 Support (UHCI) = enable
  • USB 1.1 Support (OHCI) = enable
  • USB 2.0 Support = enable
  • USB Printer Support = disable
  • USB Storage Support = enable
  • Automatic Drive Mount = enabled

I then rebooted the router. After reboot, I connected my NTFS formatted USB HDD to the WNR3500L USB port but no light came on on the HDD.

With the HDD still connected, I logged on to the GUI. Going again to Services>USB I find that the USB HDD is not mounted-

[See image galary for screen shot]

I thought maybe NTFS format is not liked, so I disconnected the HDD and reformatted the USB HDD to ext3. I then reconnected the HDD with exactly the same results.

Since installing the firmware, the only settings that I have changed from default are:

• Set new username and password
  • Set Local IP
  • Set SSID, Wireless Network Mode and disabled SSID Broadcast
  • Set up Wireless Security
  • Enabled UPnP
  • Set Static Leases for all attached devices
  • Made the USB settings above

How do I get my external USB HDD to mount?

rbscairns
rbscairns's picture
Also tried with another

Also tried with another external USB HDD, this one FAT formatted. Same result.

Prior to flashing to DD-WRT, the OEM firmware WNR3500L USB port supported HDD's.

It is interesting that the HDD light never comes on now when it is connected to the DD-WRT WNR3500L. It could be a firmware fault or even a hardware fault. The only way for me to test that is to re-flash the OEM firmware.Frown

Kong
Kong's picture
Hi rbscairns,
rbscairns
rbscairns's picture
Thanks for the heads up Kong.

Thanks for the heads up Kong. Pushing the power button off, waiting 10 seconds, and pushing the power button back on solved the problem.

I owe you a couple of beers if you get to North Queensland, one for your mod and the other for this. I expect I will need more guidance later when I start playing with VPN, so you might be getting a little drunk on me.

Grigorij
Grigorij's picture
I've also had the same

I've also had the same problem. I couldn't believe that it's so simple, but.. it worked. Thanks Kong!