Vlan Tagging on WNR3500L (Working!!!)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
fredriki21
fredriki21's picture
Vlan Tagging on WNR3500L (Working!!!)

Hi, I bought a WNR3500L because I read on lot of review that this router support vlan tagging. Now I tried to setup this but it's not working. The setup is the same than on my WRT54GL (Working) but it's not working on the WNR3500L. Is there a guide on how to do it that is realy working. Did someone successfully configured it?

Thanks. 

fredriki21
fredriki21's picture
If there is no way to

If there is no way to configure this on this model, is there a model of router with Gigabit switch that support dd-wrt and vlan tagging?

Thanks

fredriki21
fredriki21's picture
Ok, I've solve my problem by

Ok, I've solve my problem by myself. For any body interested in VLAN Trunk (Tagged) with WNR3500L and DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) mini - build 14311.

I've configured vlan as usual with the Tagged Box checked and my vlan (9 for my test). After, I configured the Network setting with an IP for this vlan (Unbridged). I've also completly remove the iptables rules with iptables -F in the firewall command script (For testing purpose only). After all the setting, *** The MOST IMPORTANT Thing *** I've run those commands in ssh session :
nvram set vlan9ports="1t 8*"
nvram commit
This command set the vlan9 trunk on the physical port 4 (Phy port are in the wrong order) on the router. Note that you need the port 8* in your setting because this set the trunk between the internal ethernet port and the switch. After that everything work well. I've did some basic test but I try bridged communication within the same vlan on 2 different trunk port at near 500 Mbps (close to performance without trunk and stock firmware) with iperf. With routing between two different vlan, I've got a performance of about 150 Mbps (I did this test with 2 computer in different switch port.). I did'nt do any wireless test for the moment.

I am currious to see if it's the same thing with a Linksys WRT610n. I have one but it's still with the stock firmware. Maybe I will test it later.

Marc
Marc's picture
I'm trying to get the same

I'm trying to get the same thing working, but I'm failing. sw:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 mega (c) 2010 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 08/12/10 (SVN revision: 14929)

nvram looks like:

vlan1ports=1t 4 8*

But the machine on the tagged port sees untagged packets. What should I be looking at here? Thanks!

buddee
buddee's picture

Marc said: I'm trying to get the same thing working, but I'm failing. sw: DD-WRT v24-sp2 mega (c) 2010 NewMedia-NET GmbH Release: 08/12/10 (SVN revision: 14929) nvram looks like: vlan1ports=1t 4 8* But the machine on the tagged port sees untagged packets. What should I be looking at here? Thanks!

You should reference this link.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports

The WNR3500L has been confirmed working with VLANs both ports and 802.1Q.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VLAN_Support

You may have to upgrade your build to 15508 or better for the auto added VLAN code that was added by eko for gigabit models.