What is the Closest ADSL Modem Router to the Netgear WNR3500L

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Possum
Possum's picture
What is the Closest ADSL Modem Router to the Netgear WNR3500L

The Netgear WNR3500L is a fantastic router. Sadly I really need a router with an ADSL modem like the Netgear DG833G which I have.

In your opinion What Router that also has a Modem is the closest in power and functionality to the Netgear WNR3500L.

I need a router that is veratile enough to distribute Torrents. And perhaps act as a web server.

Thank you..

honeychen
honeychen's picture
happy to come here

happy to come here

-------

One Tree Hill DVD1-7
True Blood DVD 1-3

abruton
abruton's picture
I'm also looking urgently for

I'm also looking urgently for something similar. I hope some people will reply with a working model.

Possum
Possum's picture
Please let me know if you

Please let me know if you find one

thx

abruton
abruton's picture
Hi

Hi

Ok, there does not seem to be one, so...

How do I connect the router to a standard wired ADSL modem? The router network is on the 192.168.1.x network. The router would be the gateway etc (Most probably 192.168.1.1) How do I connect the modem to the Router?

Best regards

Andre

Possum
Possum's picture
I thinks the router and modem

I thinks the router and modem have a special RJ45 socket just for that purpose.

abruton
abruton's picture
Hi

Hi

Yes, the modem has a socket for that. I just want to know how to configure the router that is connected to an ADSL modem. IE: IP addresses etc

Best regards

Andre

pimp
pimp's picture
Just configure it the way you

Just configure it the way you did with an other router.
Have a look in the details you got from your ISP. Usually its pppoe, but could also be DHCP or static. Connect your modem to the wan-port and hack in your credits, if needed. For me eg. I got a cable provider using just dhcp in the WAN section. The magic happens in my cable modem and is forwarded to my router via dhcp. For adsl you use pppoe in most cases.

u4ia
u4ia's picture
you could just set the dsl

you could just set the dsl modem to bridge mode, then use pppoe in the router setup. that way only the router handles external ip address and dhcp.

abruton
abruton's picture
Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Andre