WiF issues on Kong R9000 (5/25/2018)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
rkensrud
rkensrud's picture
WiF issues on Kong R9000 (5/25/2018)

Hey all;

I am having issues with WiFi being unstable on my R9000 running Kong's 5/25/2018 firmware (and the previous version). It worked since November but has been trouble for the last month.  I am advertising on the 2.4ghz and 5ghz and clients can connect. Sometimes it takes a while between when I get connected and when I can actually pass traffic.  I can't even ping the router in that state.  Once established, it is fast and stable for a random amount of time. Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes a day.  But eventually traffic no longer moves.  I still show connected, but can't ping or do other things. If I switch from 2.4 to 5 or vise versa, it works again for a while but I'll eventually have to switch again. Router is set to reboot every day at 4am.  Clients are 3 different macbook pro's, 2 iphones, and 2 ipads..  Anyone else have this going on?

thrasher81
thrasher81's picture
Running the same firmware on

Running the same firmware on R9000 and having same issues.  Not the first time I've seen someone saying the same thing.  Thinking its a firmware issue and hope to see a fix in the next update.  Mean while I'm going back to factory.

rkensrud
rkensrud's picture
Interestingly, any stream

Interestingly, any stream that is active will continue to run in its thread/socket/whatever.  I had a webex running yesterday and it stayed alive even though anything new couldn't get out. I couldn't even ping my DNS servers but webex stayed up. When I switched 2g to 5g, webex had a hickup and reconnected, and the ping started responing.  Anyway, Netgear sent me a new box and I'm installing it now with the latest Kong.  If the issue is still there, then I'll go back to factory.