wl2 on Kong's R8000 firmware is not visible

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
rajdude
rajdude's picture
wl2 on Kong's R8000 firmware is not visible

I am having this problem...the wl2 on my R8000 is not visible from any wireless client (laptops, Xbox, cellphones etc)

I only see the wl0 (5GHz) and wl1 2.4 GHz

The third radio which is wl2 and runs on 5GHz is not visible. The web-interface shows that it is present. It lets me set a SSID, network mode etc, everything is sale as wl0 (just the SSID is different)

Before I installed Kong's the second 5 GHz band / radio was visible on my wireless clients.

Any solution?

da_Beast
da_Beast's picture
What build are you running?

What build are you running?  This is what I am running - DD-WRT v3.0-r30700M kongac (09/27/16)

rajdude
rajdude's picture
Just checked......I am

Just checked......I am running the same one: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30700M kongac (09/27/16)

Are you able to see the second 5 GHz band on that firmware?

da_Beast
da_Beast's picture
Mine does work. Did you try

Mine does work. Did you try a 30-30-30 reset yet?

Kong
Kong's picture
Try the default regulation

Try the default regulation domain e.g. United States

rajdude
rajdude's picture
No I have not done the 30-30

No I have not done the 30-30-30 reset yet. I can try that and report back.

rajdude
rajdude's picture
Thanks for chiming in, Kong!

Thanks for chiming in, Kong!

I checked my router's setting; the "Regulatory Domain" is already set to UNITED_STATES

Regulatory Mode is OFF

TPC Mitigation factor is 0 (Off)

Kong
Kong's picture
Thena make sure you set a

Thena make sure you set a fixed channel.

rajdude
rajdude's picture
WOW Kong......you are da man!

WOW Kong......you are da man!!!!! THANK YOU!

the moment I changed the wl2 "Wireless channel" from Auto to 36 (chosen as per rating in the Wifi analyser app on my Android phone).........my second 5G radio became visible!

However, I do not understand why "Auto" was not working. Is there a technical explanation for this?

rajdude
rajdude's picture
Also, while we are talking

Also, while we are talking channels.......is is possible to have channel 14 on R8000?

The wifi Analyzer app says the channels I have been using (1 and 11) are not that good, 14 is better. But wl1 has only channel 1 to 11.

guero2099
guero2099's picture
Hi Guys, 

Hi Guys, 

I have a similar problem, Im trying to assign my interface into a new bridge. The problem is that I can't see my wl interfaces on the Assign to bridge pane.

Any idea?

Regards,

Roy2001
Roy2001's picture
By default dd-wrt 5G2 is very

By default dd-wrt 5G2 is very weak, I can only detect it within a few inches. I checked stock Netgear firmware, it is using chanel 48 and 165 (with VHT80 upper/upper). I manually changed to that and it works. But note 30700 has this issue and I cannot fix it with channel change.

willowdog96
willowdog96's picture
I saw the same thing.  I will

I saw the same thing.  I will try changing too.  Thanks.