WNDR3500Lv2 with Tomato by Shibby--Transmission Questions

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
WNDR3500Lv2 with Tomato by Shibby--Transmission Questions

I recently installed Tomato by Shibby on my WNR3500Lv2 and I love it so far. I gave the built-in Transmission client a try and it worked well, but it downloads everything to /mnt, which filled up the built-in flash pretty fast :)

I realize that I could probably easily plus a USB drive into the router to download to, but I'd like to download to a HDD on a local machine. Can this be done? If so, what path would I use in the Transmission client to make this happen? (I have both Windows and Mac machines)

Hazia
Hazia's picture
How do I configurate the

How do I configurate the download location? I?m using a USB disk connected to the router (I have set it up in a way that I can acesss the disc in my network). Also, when I try to open the link "Click here to open Transmission Gui", I get this error message;

"403: Forbidden
Unauthorized IP Address.
Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.
If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.
If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details."

What?s up with that?

shibby
shibby's picture
go to usb&nas -> settings and

go to usb&nas -> settings and look on botton. you will see something like
Partition 'S1' ext3 (183.38 GB / 182.44 GB free) is mounted on /tmp/mnt/sda1

Just copy path (ex: /tmp/mnt/sda1) and put it into download directory.

@Peter - you can mount CIFS and in download directory use /cifs1, but for what? If you want download torrents on PC, then use torrent klient for windows. Torrent on router make sense only if PC is turn off. Router will download files and after completed you can download files from router using samba or ftp or just unplug USB HDD storage and plug to PC.

Hazia
Hazia's picture
@shibby - Thanks!

@shibby - Thanks!

Sorry for beeing a noob, I only flashed this firmware for the Bittorrent support, but maybe it?s to advanced for me...
I can?t get acess to the Transmission GUI.
It would be really appriciated if someone could write a step by step guide how to get bittorrent to work :)