WNDR4500v2 Debricking

1 post / 0 new
RichardW
RichardW's picture
WNDR4500v2 Debricking

Have been trying to follow the various guides to help me unbrick WNDR4500v2.  This failed when I tried to flash the 'primer' version of dd-wrt (dd-wrt.v24-26138_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-WNDR4500V2).  After the flashing the router ended up with just an amber light on power, no lights on the internet connection or the wi-fi indicator.  

I used Peter Redmer's guide to unbricking WNR3500, and subrha's guide to setting up a serial console for the WNDR4500v2.  

I'm stuck in trying to use the serial console.  I don't get any info from the router when I power on.  I just get a message NON GENUINE PARTS DETECTED!  The message repeats several times.  

I've tried swapping TX and RX around, as described in Peter's article, and also tried disconnecting the Ground.  No joy.  

The USB-TTL cable is a Cable USB TTL 3V3 Connecteur Compatible FTDI - Arduino, made by EB Connections.  From the instructions I have identified Black-Ground, Yellow- RX, White-TX, i.e. slightly different to the cable described by subhra, which had an Orange TX wire.  The cable appears to have installed correctly (from Device Manager). 

Any ideas what I need to do to start the serial console and get my firmware re-installed?  

Richard