WNR3500L - Debian Install/Support

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
bhoefer
bhoefer's picture
WNR3500L - Debian Install/Support

Hi everyone!

I'm very intrested in the WNR3500L but with the current distributions (DD-WRT, OpenWRT, Tomato) I think (and googled a bit) it is not possible to get AFP (Apple File Sharing) running - cause the problem with the libcrypt.o support in the current kernels (please correct me, if I'm wrong).

In debian lenny the package/links/problems are solved.

Debian would also be my first choice (if I could) because it is much better the handle than other firmwares...

I've installed it on my old NSLU2 which is a pretty long, but it works great *g* (further infos: http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/) - sorry for making an advertisement for another company.

Are there any plans to do this, or are there existing solutions to install debian on that great machine???

Thanks

Björn

Erez
Erez's picture
I would love to have debian

I would love to have debian on WNR3500L.
debian is a general purpose distribution, and will give the WNR3500L a lot more possibilities (e.g. being a mail server).
the WNR3500L (with an external hard drive) can do many things with debian which are not supported so well (if at all) by specific router distributions like tomato, dd-wrt and openwrt ...