WNR3500L supports NTFS

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
tcope
tcope's picture
WNR3500L supports NTFS

Interesting read:

http://linux.sys-con.com/node/1227973

"Paragon has enthusiastically responded to NETGEAR's open source router initiative to provide enhanced capabilities to our user community -- by embedding a full version (not a trial version) of their Universal File System Driver (UFSD) technology into our router," said NETGEAR's Som Pal Choudhury, senior product line manager, advanced wireless division. "This version of UFSD, called Paragon NTFS for Linux, enables full high performance read/write access to a Windows (NTFS-formatted) external hard drive attached to the USB port of the NETGEAR WNR3500L Router, and allows all PCs, clients and servers on the network, running Windows, Mac, Linux, etc, to share files to the NTFS-formatted HDD attached to our router -- regardless of their Operating System."

tcope
tcope's picture
I was looking at many routers

I was looking at many routers and some with USB ports for HDs only supported FAT drives. I'm glad to see this one support NTFS. It's pretty much the standard on Windows machines and a much better file system then FAT32.

martin82
martin82's picture
From my experience it does

From my experience it does not support large (4GB+) files on NTFS drives. Anyone else?