WNR3500L is very bricked

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stingray
Stingray's picture
WNR3500L is very bricked

Something strange happened yesterday. Out of nowhere, the router froze. Now when I turn it on, the power led is green, the wifi led is half-bright blue, and nothing else happens if I wait, or press reset, or dance around it.

I haven't yet looked inside, but I was just wondering - does it look like something that can be revived using jtag console? Or it just needs to be replaced.

Thanks.

Sudipta
Sudipta's picture
Are you connected through

Are you connected through serial cable to your board?

Stingray
Stingray's picture
Sudipta said: Are you

Sudipta said: Are you connected through serial cable to your board?

Not yet. As I said, I haven't tried opening it yet. I just wanted to ask if an unbrickable router shows the same symptoms.

Kong
Kong's picture
If the wifi led is on, then I

If the wifi led is on, then I doubt it's bricked, the wifi light only lights if the system booted.

Have you done a full reset? Power off, press the rest button and power on keep pressing the reset button for 30s then release it, this will clear the nvram.

Stingray
Stingray's picture
Kong said: If the wifi led is

Kong said: If the wifi led is on, then I doubt it's bricked, the wifi light only lights if the system booted. Have you done a full reset? Power off, press the rest button and power on keep pressing the reset button for 30s then release it, this will clear the nvram.

Tried. Holding reset makes no effect.

When I power it up, power and blue wifi turn on immediately and then never go away, never blink. Any other leds don't do anything either, LAN ports never come up.