WNR3500LV2

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Invertigo
Invertigo's picture
WNR3500LV2

Hello.

I'm having a couple of problems with this router, using both default firmware and Tomato. First the default Netgear firmware:

My ISP blips off every day at 12AM and 12PM, the router will not reconnect by itself. Using "router status" to manually connect also fails. I can only reconnect by using "internet setup" and reapplying the PPPoE connection settings.

Tomato problems: my upstream bandwidth crashes to a fraction of what it is supposed to be. This problem exists with the few versions of Tomato I have tried, including "Shibby" and "Toastman" Tomato.

After returning to default Netgear firmware, the upsteam problem disappeared. When connecting directly to the internet and bypassing the router completely, I also do not experience the upstream problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Invertigo
Invertigo's picture
The internet connection is

The internet connection is PPPoE. I used the 30-30-30 reset and cleared the NVRAM each time I flashed to a different Tomato. Each version suffered from the same upstream problem where I would get a fraction of my upstream bandwidth. QoS was disabled. Wired connection. Default settings in Tomato, except my PPPoE information. Only one PC connected to the router.

Default Netgear firmware solves the upstream problem. However, it suffers from a disconnection every twelve hours where it refuses to reconnect unless I reapply the PPPoE connection settings manually. I RMA'd the router intially, but the replacement has the same problem, so it's clearly a firmware issue.

I hope I've provided enough information.