WNR3500Lv2 Bricked

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vladislav Georgiev
Vladislav Georgiev's picture
WNR3500Lv2 Bricked

Hi,

I brick my WNR3500Lv2. I try to make RS232 cable with 3 pins (GND, Rx and Tx). I set Putty to comunnicate with my COM port with 115200bps, 8,1,none,none. When power on my Router, console on putty display unreadable characters:  

╝HEєсКЗку*йT4)З█щЩ⌡:ЙйТЗ▀т╨ТЗшЖvЖlЩШЙ┼╙йТ                                         зТКІЖ,kЩш:                                                   йJй■Ж╩╨т:ЗктZTЗКІЖ╛k•КWSїєIЄTй■тi)с Є4SєєMy=yҐyҐ^╝]⌡                       зТ▀5me╚ШЖvkЄЖ⌡Tз■т)iрЛ⌡т6М6ґ╛чoUj:╨З╩У╨╙ZЖ⌡mjЗ+УjЗШ⌡ЖКжІ╛vІ╛Жкe]ЩшШжжЖ+Кm#-©}#=ЕКm#-©w5ёЕК{!!©=-                                       5©┘©⌡⌠⌡²≈≈╞÷≈÷÷÷÷ґЕКcsg}Yo©{!!©=-                                                                        5©┘©•⌡≈⌡▐▐╞÷▐÷÷÷÷ґЕКMяІЛшm                  Й╨й5©÷²█▒≈█▀©≈▐÷eo      *ЗшЕ•]▀{УУКЖґЖЖґЖЖЖЖ+МЗйТ╚]z╙з4╙╨Тк┘╨ЄИИRсё╚6⌡Ж6ґ√6Ж+Кy_U©5ЕКЕКWс╒)╙З╚╨ТЗІЖШ{┼т╨╨зТш√•ш}+╚v•ш╩•╩ш•╚⌡vШkЗт╨╨зТКжІ6ґ6Жlґ6ґvМ+Йй■ЗшVV6mVV6mVV6МVoОШШШШШШШ▀Й╨T┼тjТ                    ТкT╨tШ*╙йTз4TзТ                                   ТкT╨TК

I press fwe time CTRL+C, but nothing. When I set my IP to 192.168.1.106/255.255.255.0, GW: 192.168.1.1, DNS: 192.168.1.1, ping replies 2 times when I turn on router. 

I found in Google, I can short two pins when turn on router for WNR3500L, but in WNR3500Lv2 don't have this pins.

How I can unbrick my router?

Regards!

none83
none83's picture
try to change you connection

try to change you connection speed to 9600

Subhra
Subhra's picture
Can you please tell how did

Can you please tell how did you bricked your router ??
Have you tried a hard reset ??

Vladislav Georgiev
Vladislav Georgiev's picture
I fixed my problem. The

I fixed my problem. The problem was that I did not use the USB-TTL cable, I used a standard serial cable. When using a USB-TTL cable everything was OK.

Subhra
Subhra's picture
Good to know that things are

Good to know that things are working.

seal
seal's picture
Thanks for that post!

Thanks for that post!

I have the same problem with using RS232 cabel.
Router answers but it looks like at 1st post.
It seems that using USB-TTL cable is necessary :(

Brandon C
Brandon C's picture
seal said:  It seems that

seal said:  It seems that using USB-TTL cable is necessary :(

Well worth the investment. Once you have one and are familiar with how they work you are less concerend with making changes cause you can always fix something if it breaks. Wink

irouy
irouy's picture
when you receive the 2 ping

when you receive the 2 ping replies the router will look for the file vmlinuz on tftp server on 192.168.1.2. You can use this method to unbrick if you forgot your ttl cable ;)